Avro Lancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What a great job!
I take my hat off to him - I've built a few paper models myself ( prefer plastic though), and it's alot of work to get the parts together nicely, which he managed to achieve beautifully.

Good on ya!

hi,
this is the first post i've put up since looking around the forum and i just love lancasters in any scale/model version too many tamiya lanc's you would think there is a squadron start up
i have the paper lancaster built up, i've vac' formed the spinners/nose lathe turned guns and to me she looks a corker.

has anyone ever noticed how the cameo is wrong on the tail planes of a 'fly model lancaster' have a look...

....ian.

Another model of LL807 but not paper. This one was a control line flying model. If I remember correctly two of motors were electric just to spin the props. The undercarriage retracted and bomb bay opened. I saw it crash, late 1960s or early 1970s. Bounced on landing and came down on the port wing in a cloud of balsa. Don't know if he rebuilt it. For a long time I thought the letter K must be a mistake until I found a photograph that shows a fiant letter K under the N. The original wasn't a lucky aircraft either.
On the night 12th June 1944 the RAF launched a large raid on the Nordstern oil plant at Gersenkirchen to which 300 Squadron contributed eight of its Lancasters. Of the 17 aircraft lost three were Polish. Lancaster Mk Is. LL807 BH.N was hit by AA over Holland and its crew, F/Lt Jerzy Różański, F/O Wacław Bakun, F/O Mieczysław Hann, Sgt Gustaw Szeliga, Sgt Albin Pacuła, Sgt Rajmund Bradzo, F/Sgt Marian Wróblewski were all killed.

BH.C DV282 crashed into the sea with the crew F/Sgt Franciszek Rembecki, F/O Bogusław Morski, F/O Jósef Feil, Sgt Feliks Bladowski, F/Sgt Jan Bokroś, Sgt Stanisław Miszturak,Sgt Władysław Leppert, all drowned apart from Morski who became a POW.

Lancaster Mk III BH.S JA683 was shot down near the target by a night fighter and its crew, F/O Henryk Burkiewicz, P/O Kazimierz Andruszkiewicz, F/O Eugeniusz Józefowicz, Sgt Edward Porowski, Sgt Jan Sumiga, Sgt Michał Golec, Sgt Lucjan Klucha, were killed instantly except for Klucha who jumped and hid for two days before being captured and executed by the Germans.

On the night of 30th June 13 Lancasters were sent to attack the Vierzon rail junction. Replacement Lancaster Mk III BH.N ED814 was shot down by a night fighter and the crew, F/Sgt Władysław Fudali, F/O Zygmunt Ziembiński, P/O Bolesław Cwojdziński, Sgt Józef Bukowski, Sgt Ignacy Małecki, Sgt Klemensw Lechnicki, Kazimierz Bogusz, were killed.

Attachments

• 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHWmAR9akT4Fov4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHWmAR9akT4Fov4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHSwwwPllhggcv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHSwwwPllhggcv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHbuSy9l3BhG*v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHbuSy9l3BhG*v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHQNKn7IQSNsbv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHQNKn7IQSNsbv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 111
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHYnR-9PLZof0v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHYnR-9PLZof0v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHbmjp2Pyr0UJv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHbmjp2Pyr0UJv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHU*27FUZT6F3v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHU*27FUZT6F3v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHSpRgDbmlDyiv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHSpRgDbmlDyiv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHQn3m8RSQQxav4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHQn3m8RSQQxav4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 208
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHRJU9xv4FXGtv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHRJU9xv4FXGtv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHcnIR0pPmY8lv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHcnIR0pPmY8lv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHb8-F0CJp*ogv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    2a50NuTjBjHXOpg80HVvmDReHb8-F0CJp*ogv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 104
hi,
this is the first post i've put up since looking around the forum and i just love lancasters in any scale/model version too many tamiya lanc's you would think there is a squadron start up
i have the paper lancaster built up, i've vac' formed the spinners/nose lathe turned guns and to me she looks a corker.

has anyone ever noticed how the cameo is wrong on the tail planes of a 'fly model lancaster' have a look...

....ian.

Also very nice work mate. :D
Could you upload more pics with details?

Lancaster LL-807 BH-K/N, mijn oud-oudoom, diende als radio-operator. Sergeant Albin Pacula.

Hallo Orzel,

Kunnen we alstublieft met elkaar in contact komen?
Ik hoop van u te horen.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo Orzel,

Kunnen we alstublieft met elkaar in contact komen?
Ik hoop van u te horen.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Frank

I would like to ask you for using of the English language as it is the international forum and it is the basic one here.

Just click his nick below his avatar on the left of his post. The small info tab will appear. There is the button Start Conversation. Click it and the new page is opened. There you may type the PM title and the text you want to send. Then hit the Start Conversation button at the bottom of the page. He will be informed he got a PM with his email address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back