Avro Lancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wurger

Siggy Master
Staff
Admin
Mod
Jun 19, 2005
Poland
There are some pics of an Avro Lancaster paper model in 1:33 scale."The author" of this quite big model is the guy who makes armoured vehicles and tanks also made of carton.Some pics of his "armament" I've uploaded at the " Post models that aren't yours !" thread earlier.

I hope you will enjoy these.:D

Attachments

• Lanc1.jpg
    Lanc1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 241
  • Lanc2.jpg
    Lanc2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Lanc3.jpg
    Lanc3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Lanc9g.jpg
    Lanc9g.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Lanc4.jpg
    Lanc4.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 225
  • Lanc5.jpg
    Lanc5.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Lanc6.jpg
    Lanc6.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 220
THX but, also there detailing is good.The model was made using one of the first paper kits of FlyModel firm.This kit was issued long time ago.So taking its age into consideration it is amazing that this modeller managed to assemble it.

Some additional pic.

Attachments

• Lanc9b.jpg
    Lanc9b.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Lanc9a.jpg
    Lanc9a.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Lanc9.jpg
    Lanc9.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 188
  • Lanc8.jpg
    Lanc8.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 188
  • Lanc7.jpg
    Lanc7.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Lanc9i.jpg
    Lanc9i.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Lanc9j.jpg
    Lanc9j.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 186
Hallo Charles,
I haven't asked him about it.But according to my experience it took two or three weeks.It always depends how much free time you have.
There some next shots.

Attachments

• Lanc9o.jpg
    Lanc9o.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 141
  • Lanc9m.jpg
    Lanc9m.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Lanc9l.jpg
    Lanc9l.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Lanc9k.jpg
    Lanc9k.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Lanc9e.jpg
    Lanc9e.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Lanc9p.jpg
    Lanc9p.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 142
fantastic model.

Amazing skill involved though card modelling doesnt really interest me to be honest.

Still she looks magnificent :D

Amazing skill involved though card modelling doesnt really interest me to be honest.

Bescause you have never tried to make this kind of models.I think it is much more enjoyable then assembling of plastic kits.I have somewhere one guy's articale about Bf109E ( as memory serves).You wouldn't say it was made of carton.If I find this one I'll try to scan it and post some parts of it there.

That's really amazing. Would like to have that one. I could replace my paper model of the starship Enterprise hanging from the roof.

As I remember the guy used cockpit conopy set for Lancaster that was offered by one of model firm.The set concisted of all glasses for the bomber.
Of course it is possible to make it by hand quite easy.

Bescause you have never tried to make this kind of models.I think it is much more enjoyable then assembling of plastic kits.I have somewhere one guy's articale about Bf109E ( as memory serves).You wouldn't say it was made of carton.If I find this one I'll try to scan it and post some parts of it there.

Actually I have. Only it was the construction of buildings and a locomotive.

I only say it doesn't interest me because I enjoy working with plastic as a primary object. :)

If you find the article please post as I am interested all the same. 8)

i am still waiting on paint but theres still more I can do like assemble the engines, paint landing gear, wheels props and spinners. Its just been finding the time but now that I am on holidays I can get stuck into it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back