Axis Allies online anyone?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
Found this cool site to play Axis Allies online for free. It is all done via email and free. (there is other games that can be played there also I just like Axis Allies best.)

Anyone want to play?

If yes I would suggest posting your email address here, so you can be invited to play by others and so we know who we each are.

I am Mark (my handle) and email address I made just to play this game is [email protected]

All very simple to use and play. I hope to see all you arm chair generals, like me, there.

Welcome to GamesByEmail

Hunter, I just found a comic book store that plays the board game of this on Thursdays right next door. I've never played it. I'm assuming its like D&D but in WWII or am I wrong. Whats it like?

It is a board game, not a rpg like D&D, it is much like Risk but more detailed and focussed on time period of WW2 only.

It is fun.

I was thinking of watching them next Thurs. If it looks cool maybe I'll take you up on that email game.

Ever played the Axis and Allies miniature collection game? It's a spinnoff from the original global Axis and Allies, but this focusses on one battle at the time, which you can design youself. It's brilliant, the best boardgame I ever played.

Ever played the Axis and Allies miniature collection game? It's a spinnoff from the original global Axis and Allies, but this focusses on one battle at the time, which you can design youself. It's brilliant, the best boardgame I ever played.

I have not played it, but I have looked at it, there is not many people around here who play it.

Chris, if you have friends who like to play then great, but for me none of my friends are into WW2 history or games.

For this genre of games, i prefer Gary Grigsby's World At War. Its freeware, and I think i could send the game as an emaail attachment, although it is big, and not entirely sure the file transfer would work. However, you dont need a disc to play the game, so it would be worth a try for anyone interested. Can be played co-operatively as well, which helps when learning

For this genre of games, i prefer Gary Grigsby's World At War. Its freeware, and I think i could send the game as an emaail attachment, although it is big, and not entirely sure the file transfer would work. However, you dont need a disc to play the game, so it would be worth a try for anyone interested. Can be played co-operatively as well, which helps when learning

What is the system of World at War? is it Corps/Army level?

What is the system of World at War? is it Corps/Army level?
Closer to army level. Its ultra macro scale, but for what it is reasonably accurate. The protagonists have control of production, and can research improvements to their technologies. Leaves the possibilities of alternate strategies wide open.
Is a turn based game. When I play the AI, it takes about 6-8 hours to play from '39 to '46.
Has an inherent axis bias, but allies can usually win nevertheless, given two players of equal ability. The game compensates for the inbuilt bias by giving the allies more time to win.

Its not a bad system. Relatively easy to learn, reasonably accurate, but with enough "what if " stuff to keep it interesting

Perhaps i should try and send you a copy, PM your email to me, and I will try and send the game as an email attachment. Worst case ias that the transfer wont work

Where can I find the freeware to play?

I better not get into playing this yet. I only have access to a computer at work right now, don;t need to get into anymore trouble than I all ready do! may have to wait until I purchase a computer for the house

Now that is the Dan I remember. :lol: I like A A but I would rather play Fortress America. It is the US against the World when China, Europe and South America try to take out the states. The US gets lasers that strike anywhere on the board and partisans that muck it up for the invaders. A good way the waste an afternoon with friends and a couple of beers.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back