Axis & Captured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildr1

Senior Airman
Mar 4, 2016
From my collection that seems to have a golden era slant to it , I have various aircraft photos that do not relate to each other. I would have to have more knowledge on the types and have not spent the time... so here goes.

Interesting cammo on this 88
a1.jpg

a captured 88
Untitled-26z.jpg

Captured Wellington
b18   3019.jpg

Captured Bloch
captured Bloch.jpg

Captured 190
190 Brit.jpg

Messerschmitt Me 323
323-1.jpg
323-2.jpg

HS-126 Condor Legion Spanish civil war, interestingly this a/c fuselage number 19+7 is not listed as having been in Spain according to the Luftwaffe Experten Message Board when I posted there several years ago. Looks like camera gear in the rear cockpit. Not much activity on this forum.
HS-126 spanish.jpg

From my collection that seems to have a golden era slant to it , I have various aircraft photos that do not relate to each other. I would have to have more knowledge on the types and have not spent the time... so here goes.

View attachment 490388

a captured 88
View attachment 490389
Captured Wellington
View attachment 490390
Captured Bloch
View attachment 490391
Captured 190
View attachment 490392
The captured Ju 88 is a D-1 currently housed at the National Museum of the USAF. It is in Romanian markings although the number on the tail is incorrect among other things.

View attachment 490388

Here is what I found about this photo in Key Publishing's "Combat Machines: Junkers Ju88":

"The long fairing along the starboard forward fuselage side identifies this aircraft as a Ju88A-17 torpedo bomber. It probably belonged to KG77 as the location is thought to be a Mediterranean airfield, probably in Italy during late 1943 or early 1944"

Very interesting, but I'm sorry, the helicopter has not been built by Flettner but by Focke-Achgelis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back