AZ Model

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BombTaxi

Tech Sergeant
Nov 27, 2004
Barnsley, S. Yorks, UK
Hi all,

I've been having a browse around modelsforsale.com, and have noticed a manufacturer called AZ Model. They do some very interesting kits - a range of Fairey Fireflys for one, and Gloster Gauntlets for another. But the prices are incredible - the 1/72nd Gauntlets are around 15 quid each (same as a Tamiya 1/48th fighter), and the Fireflys are over £40!!! (three Revell 1/32nd Sea Venoms, or almost any 1/72nd 4 engine bomber, for comparison).

Are they very short run? Or do have a wealth of PE and resin parts? Or are modelsforsale.com a bit pricey? I love the subjects, and I doubt many other manufacturers cover them, but the prices seem unrealistic, IMHO. Has anybody built one, and are they worth it?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich. They have good revues, I believe, and I think this might be the company I was thinking of regarding the Venoms/Vampires, in your other post. I've seen some pics of some of their other 1/48th kits, which looked good. But, they DO seem b****y expensive. It might be worth seeing if there are any reviews/builds on Hyper Scale, or similar sites.
Terry.

Cheers Terry, I just had a quick squint at modelingmadness.com, it would appear that these kits are short run with PE/resin. Apart from the fact I'm not that advanced yet, I just couldn't bring myself to pay what they ask. Special Hobby are similar, but a bit less pricey - there are one or two I would consider coughing up for were I a bit more skilled.

These models are of very good quality mostly.Opinions about it are really different.Anyway the price of the AZModel kits is so huge because there are photetched and resin parts included.These models aren't for beginners I'm sure.But if you can afford them and you aren't a rushaholic you can try to assemble one or two kits for a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back