B-17 The Mighty 8th - Getting Started Tutorial Video Series - Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'Other aviation games/sims' started by ikrananka, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

I have just published on YouTube the first video in my Getting Started Tutorial series of videos covering the B-17 The Mighty 8th game.

View: https://youtu.be/RMwKq7V0duU

Please check it out and let me know what you think. If you appreciate the video then please "Like" it and subscribe to my channel to receive updates as I add new videos to the series over the coming weeks.

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks and Enjoy :)

2. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

3. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The third video in this series is now live on YouTube. This video covers the basic controls in the game while touring each and every crew station on the B-17.

4. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The fourth video in this series is now live on YouTube. This video focuses on Training Mission #1: Taxi and Takeoff. I give three different examples of how to taxi and takeoff with increasing difficulty.

5. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The fifth video in this series is now live on YouTube. This video focuses on Training Mission #2: Approach and Landing. I give two different examples plus a few funny outtakes.

6. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The sixth video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I focus on Training Mission #3: Feathering / Restarting an Engine. I give three different examples of how to shutdown, feather and restart an engine with increasing complexity and difficulty.

7. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The seventh video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I focus on Training Mission #4: Bombing (Good Conditions). I give five different examples of bombing, illustrating the effect of the intervalometer setting as well as the salvo switch, with some surprising results!!!

8. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The eighth video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I focus on Training Mission #5: Bombing (Poor Conditions). I focus on the procedure I use for the bombing run, correcting for drift and rate error to achieve synchronisation as early in the bomb run as possible.

9. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The ninth video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I focus on Training Mission #6: Gunnery. This is actually a relatively useless training mission. My main recommendation is to instead practice your gunnery by playing Quickstart Missions #2, #3 and/or one of the historical missions in the game.

10. ikrananka

ikrananka New Member

The tenth video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I focus on Quickstart Mission #1: Limping Home. This is a challenging mission to land a badly mauled B-17. I introduce the use of trimming the plane which makes the mission so much easier.