B-17 The Mighty 8th - Getting Started Tutorial Video Series - Now Available!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's still a great game and hasn't aged too badly. It's also still the best all-round B-17 bombing campaign game available. Unfortunately a sequel/update has never been developed.

While there are mods for the game to re-skin the planes, to modify some aspects of the game behaviour, and some other graphical mods, the game engine is the same so the graphical quality is the same as it ever was. So, no modernisation of the graphics or gameplay. However, in my opinion the graphics hold up very well and so the game doesn't feel that dated.

If you can't find your old copy, you can pick it up for cheap on either GOG or Steam, usually for a few dollars when on sale.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Might even be worth just buying and save myself the time of searching fruitlessly. I remember distinctly trying to figure out how to take off. I mostly played as a turret gunner which was fun at the time. Now that I'm older and my interest is much deeper I might give it another go.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Might even be worth just buying and save myself the time of searching fruitlessly. I remember distinctly trying to figure out how to take off. I mostly played as a turret gunner which was fun at the time. Now that I'm older and my interest is much deeper I might give it another go.

One of my videos covers taxiing and taking off, so if you need to refresh your memory check it out :) I'll also be covering manual startup in a future video.

I find the turrets too hard - lol. My preferred gunning location is in the tail - much easier for me.

As an older guy myself, what appeals to me about the game is the complex challenge, and depth of gameplay, that it provides. There is nothing quite like being responsible for the success of each mission from start to finish and being able to take on any role in the game. I love it.

The nineteenth video in this series is now live on YouTube. This video is the fourth of six Fighter Schools aimed at teaching you the basics of each fighter aircraft in the game. In this video I cover the P-51 Mustang, arguably the best fighter of WWII.

The 20th video in this series is now live on YouTube. This video is the fifth of six Fighter Schools aimed at teaching you the basics of each fighter aircraft in the game. In this video I cover the Me 262, nicknamed the Schwalbe or Swallow, the first ever operational jet fighter of WWII.

The 21st video in this series is now live on YouTube. The last of six Fighter Schools aimed at teaching you the basics of each fighter aircraft in the game. In this video I cover the P-38 Lightning, the oldest of the allied fighters in the game.

Now all of the fighter schools are complete, I will be getting back to the B-17 in my next video.

The 22nd video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I cover propeller pitch and other B-17 control modelling errors and issues that you need to be aware of when playing this game.

The 23rd video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I show you how to manually start the B-17s engines when starting a mission. Two different procedures are presented depending upon if you have the game's General Difficulty setting set to Low/Medium or if you have it set to High.

The 24th video in this series is now live on YouTube. In this video I cover B-17 Engine Management analysing the only official source of information on this feature as well as presenting a workaround to a major bug. There is no silver bullet to effective engine management. You must spend time learning how to manage engine temperatures under all circumstance and to practice, practice, practice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back