B-17 Vs Me262

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
un-manned drone or practice post war experiment it sounds. Agreed Les Idid the same and the killing blow comes from the left hand side. Me 262 attacks were all from the rear quarter and slightly below to take out the rear gunner first and then the inboard engine(s). that was the standard rule of attack in 45.

STOOMLOK said:
http://hexjumper.be/bafke/b17_1.bmp

http://hexjumper.be/bafke/b17_2.bmp

http://hexjumper.be/bafke/b17_3.bmp

http://hexjumper.be/bafke/b17_4.bmp

ORIGINAL CREDIBLE SOURCE of this footage: the B.B.C.
(25 Frames/S)

POSTED FILE crunched lousy quality (15 Frames/S !!!)

Once again you're grasping at straws. You're seeing debris from the aircraft and distorted fragment fly off the aircraft after the missile strike. Turrets ARE NOT visible in the first frames which shows the aircraft IS a drone. Additionally its been pointed out that no ETO B-17 carried "N" as a tail codex.

Here's something else for you...

"The designation QB-17L was assigned to surplus B-17Gs that were modified during the postwar years for use as radio-controlled drones for various tests, usually as targets for missiles. They were sometimes equipped with television cameras to provide a target's view of the approaching missile. They were usually painted in red-orange Day-Glo paint with black diagonal stripes for increased visibility. Their serial numbers were prefixed by an O, indicative of their obsolete status. Sources for QB-17 conversions were new B-17s that had went directly to storage upon delivery from the factory, B-17s that had been retired from other duties, and DB-17 drone directors that were now surplus to requirements.

Most of the QB-17Ls met their end as flying targets for the early Nike Ajax surface-to-air missile or for the Hughes Falcon air-to-air missile. Often, the QB-17L would be the subject of intentional near misses to preserve the drone for as many missions as possible. Other QB-17Ls were used for various unmanned but destructive tests such as the ditching tests carried out by NACA in San Francisco Bay. The last DB-17/QB-17 mission was flown on August 6, 1959, with 44-83727 being blown out of the sky by a Falcon missile fired by a F-101 Voodoo. The last QB-17L was destroyed by an IM-99 Bomarc missile in 1960."

STOOMLOK said:
|-anyway thanx for the many insults attacks to me-|

As a reminder numbnuts, your first comments...
STOOMLOK said:

how stupied must one be to not see the enormous dimensions if that passing
fighterplane had be a rocket ?!? come on
If you want to continue here you better change your attitude. It is being shown that not only don't you know what you're talking about, but you're also a rude pinhead. You're the one who first started with the insults.

STOOMLOK said:
|-anyway thanx for the many insults attacks to me-|
Around here you get what you give bud, sometimes worse. Ya don't like being called a numb nuts, then reel in yer tits and show folks a little civility. Especially since you're new around here.

Anyway, it sure looks like a missile test to me too. Just slow down the frames a bit like these guys did, you'll see it. I sure didn't see anything there that remotely resembled an Me-262 attack. About the only thing WWII-sh about it was the graininess of the clip and the fact that it was a B-17.

setting all things down, previously said, nonskimmer is correct in his last sentances, it is not a Me 262 attack and cannot be proven as such. As I have said and described a typical Me 262 attack and the firing of R4M rockets which are not the pattern shown when the clip(s) are slowed down.

If you you firmly believe your assertation then indeed you are living in an illusion and need to go somewhere else to show your wares

v/r Erich ~

Here's a B-17 Drone with a big "I" on the tail, USN photo...

Attachments

• 44-83649%20QB-17G%2015MAY53%20USAF%20NP45-057765.jpg
    44-83649%20QB-17G%2015MAY53%20USAF%20NP45-057765.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 108
Nike-Ajax

America's first guided anti-aircraft missile. The world's first supersonic guided missile to become operational. In 1952 a Nike knocked a droned B 17 out of the sky for the first time from Launch Complex 33. U.S. Army

Length: 33 feet
Diameter: 12 inches
Weight: 2,500 pounds
Propellant: Missile - Liquid // Booster - Solid
First Firing: 1946

From White Sands Missile Range

After freezing the frame there is more than a passing resemblance to this missle, large rear fins, smaller front canards.

Attachments

• Nike_Ajax.jpg
    Nike_Ajax.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 134
100% agree that was that was no fighter that flew by the bomber. Anyone can see that was a air to air missile that took the B-17 down. I would 100% agree that was most likely it was a drone being used for target practice.

A P-47 my butt......:lol:

I've seen a more detailed version of this year's ago and the B-17 is only about 1/2,000ft from the ground. What you see coming from the right wing is a smoke pot to attract the SAM. It hits the ground about a minute later infront of cameras.

BIZAR !
nobody manages to produce the entire original B.B.C. videoclip !
(footage in front and behind of my posted footage)

no mentioning also of almost the same way B-17's attacked videoclips (url links) on these pages.(style,direction,height...)

[as usual some people think since they are anonymous on the internet
they can post insults whatever they think of...you are NOT anonymous,believe me,all original I.P. numbers are logged]

==>>
as a forumtest you all failed by many ways of exceptional attacking and insulting ,way out of normal behaviour,simply by origine that somebody posts original footage AND the original quote of the title of this videoclip
that was shown on British television (B.B.C.) with the story by the narrator
that this was in fact a B-17 attacked by a ME-262 and that 4 crewmembers
managed to bail out of the ill fated aircraft.
<<==

STOOMLOK said:
BIZAR !
nobody manages to produce the entire original B.B.C. videoclip !
(footage in front and behind of my posted footage)

no mentioning also of almost the same way B-17's attacked videoclips (url links) on these pages.(style,direction,height...)

[as usual some people think since they are anonymous on the internet
they can post insults whatever they think of...you are NOT anonymous,believe me,all original I.P. numbers are logged]

==>>
as a forumtest you all failed by many ways of exceptional attacking and insulting ,way out of normal behaviour,simply by origine that somebody posts original footage AND the original quote of the title of this videoclip
that was shown on British television (B.B.C.) with the story by the narrator
that this was in fact a B-17 attacked by a ME-262 and that 4 crewmembers
managed to bail out of the ill fated aircraft.
<<==
WELL IT'S REAL SIMPLE GENIUS - THE FOLKS AT THE BBC WHO PUT TOGETHER THE SHOW WHERE YOU GOT THIS CLIP FROM WERE WRONG!!!!

And as far as your comments for being anonymous - I don't have to be - I'm telling you straight up, YOU'RE AN @SSHOLE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back