B-17G 'Witchita Belle', Ser. Nr. 42-......?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Does anyone know:

1) Ser. Nr. of this B-17?
2) the training airbase where this A/C served?
Photos of B-17

I´ve seen more crew pics posing in front of this training B-17. One of those crews was shot down close to my born town and I got nice crew photo in front of the same machine...

Thank you.

Not sure about this aircraft but I have a feeling.... that a aircraft (still flying today) named Liberty Belle was a training aircraft too.

It has a similar paint scheme. When I hit training B-17 it came up..
Google Image Result for http://www.simhq.com/_air5/images/air_175a_001t.jpg

Thats what she looks like.

Hi Harry,
Liberty Belle is a different story. If am I not wrong this A/C (still flying today) even didn´t touch WW2. The original Liberty Belle was salvaged in 1945.
Just to let you know the world is small check this http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/flying-legends-duxford-2008-a-10748-5.html
As you can see I was aboard Liberty Belle. That little boy behind the 0.50´s is my son Tommy.

Let me have a read through a particular book Roman. I think the training base in Wichita might be mentioned, which will at least give you a location. Might take some time though - it's a thick book!

Let me have a read through a particular book Roman. I think the training base in Wichita might be mentioned, which will at least give you a location. Might take some time though - it's a thick book!

Thank you Terry!
I got Roger Freeman´s book 'The story of Flying Fortress' showing the brief operational history of each B-17 ever builded. I bought it in Duxford, btw. Think I´ll have to go page by page to find out which one is Witchita from those 12.000+ machines...:shock:

Just found another pic of Witchita Belle at footnote.
I sent a message to Mr. Walker who posted this picture...let´s see.

Attachments

• Wichita Belle Crewres.jpg
    Wichita Belle Crewres.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Back