B-25 Airfix 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ernihold

Airman
Mar 8, 2014
Image00001.jpg
Image00003.jpg
Image00006.jpg
Image00011.jpg
1DSC_0005.JPG
Image00002d.jpg
Image00001dd.jpg
Image00003d.jpg
Image00004d.jpg
Image00005d.jpg
Image00006d.jpg

Thumbs-Up-Emoji-Sign-on-Apple.jpg

Very good representation of an ASW B-25. This "new generation" model really gives better chances to build a true beauty. You still can add the 3 recognition lights in colour;).
May I make a small comment about the camo of this particular a/c?
Cheers!

View attachment 618211
Very good representation of an ASW B-25. This "new generation" model really gives better chances to build a true beauty. You still can add the 3 recognition lights in colour;).
May I make a small comment about the camo of this particular a/c?
Cheers!

I was probably blind in case of the recognition lights :)). Will be done shortly...
May I make a small comment about the camo of this particular a/c? - sure

Riveting in your models really do the job!. The rivet lines are very neat. Can I ask, what kind of riveter and ruler (tape?) do you use?.

I was probably blind in case of the recognition lights :)). Will be done shortly...
May I make a small comment about the camo of this particular a/c? - sure
Hi Ernihold,
I'm sorry I couldn't answer earlier due to major home-PC problem during the last few days.
This for sure is one of my favourite B-25-camo-schemes and I'll describe the detail which gives it the "bonus points" below.
I asked a question about this particular a/c ("Lady Jane" s/n 41-30409) because of the existing photos: I have 2 of them, one early and one late (based on the national insignia):
ygqHrFy.jpg

aNeECKC.png

On both photos we see the de-icing boots of this a/c removed and the n/m surface below has been painted in white (colour slightly differs from the original one). Even before this change the leading edges of the wings and empenage were in white and not in OD.
In this forum we've discussed some photos of "Mitchell"s in the same camo-scheme. There are planes with de-icing boots:
FfZXsnn.jpg

or without:
dNLPsRY.png

Some remained "undecided";), removing the de-icing boots only partially:
k8SYl4T.jpg

In all these cases the leading edges (around the de-icing boots) are white - the white colour "wraps around" the edge, before or after the changes.
There are oder variations of the ASW-camouflage which were not the same as the one of "Lady Jane", but those are different a/cs.
LlzmSQu.jpg

P.S. IMHO the above shown a/c was received his camo "in field" - it looks like the white colour was roughly sprayed over the original NG. The rest of the a/c show a sharp demarcation line between the white and the OD.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi Ernihold,
I'm sorry I couldn't answer earlier due to major home-PC problem during the last few days.
This for sure is one of my favourite B-25-camo-schemes and I'll describe the detail which gives it the "bonus points" below.
I asked a question about this particular a/c ("Lady Jane" s/n 41-30409) because of the existing photos: I have 2 of them, one early and one late (based on the national insignia):
View attachment 619079
View attachment 619080
On both photos we see the de-icing boots of this a/c removed and the n/m surface below has been painted in white (colour slightly differs from the original one). Even before this change the leading edges of the wings and empenage were in white and not in OD.
In this forum we've discussed some photos of "Mitchell"s in the same camo-scheme. There are planes with de-icing boots:
View attachment 619081
or without:
View attachment 619082
Some remained "undecided";), removing the de-icing boots only partially:
View attachment 619083
In all these cases the leading edges are white, before or after the changes.
There are oder variations of the ASW-camouflage which were not the same as the one of "Lady Jane", but those are different a/cs.
View attachment 619084
P.S. IMHO the above shown a/c was received his camo "in filed" - it looks like the white colour was roughly sprayed over the original NG. The rest of the a/c show a sharp demarcation line between the white and the OD.
Cheers!
Big thanks for your valuable comment. It is pity that I did not know all this before. I am little lazy to study more. I could not find anything but only 2 pictures on Google...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back