B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello there.
As I commented in the last lines of post # 294; it's time to work in the windows of my "shark mouth"
It gave me a very good result, so I share the process with you. The final appearance is much better than using the transparent parts that the kit brings.
I will use the central part of the container (right where I removed the label)

I set myself the task of marking as clearly as possible the shape of each window, using Tamiya tape and a sharp point of a pencil.

I had to remove the seat and the tanks that were on that wall, to be able to work the lower window.
With the haste and care to remove the piece without breaking it (the marks of the tanks are distinguished and where I removed the seat), I ended up numbering each window upside down ...

I liked so much to practice this technique, that I forgot that the windows behind the cabin, carry the bubble type glass!

I put the tapes marked on the piece of PET

Using my templates, I have better defined each window, I cleaned taking care not to scratch the transparent piece and then I gave them a bath of Future

I took advantage to also leave lists with Future some other pieces.

In a moment I share the way I placed these new windows.

Hasta pronto

With good scissors I cut out each window and with a medium sandpaper I adjusted and tested the right size; Once the correct measurement, I wiped the window with a microfiber cloth and put Tamiya ETC

The transparency is very good, it seems that there is no glass in the windows. (I had to look for an angle that allowed the reflection and you can see that there is glass).

The seat and tanks on the wall returned to their place ...

... the same with the other side ...

Finally, I placed the bubble windows on each side.

I really liked what was achieved with the PET container.
I am thinking of looking for some container with the appropriate shape that will facilitate me to make the transparent cover of the landing lights of the wings. If not, I had planned with an acetate sheet and with heat to shape the contour of the edge of the wing.

Well, this is all until now, I hope you like it and any questions or comments are well received.

Hasta la vista baby ...!

Windows look great. There are several builds here that show how to make contoured lenses for the wing tip lights using clear sprue.
Surely I explain me wrong, Andy, ... I mean the lights that go to the middle of the wing, looking towards the front near the air intakes. (I made mention of them in photo 2 of post # 294)
I have also made the lights of the wing tips with clear sprue.
In the version of our B-25, I had to eliminate the lights from the tip that the kit brings; but from my hydroplane Nakajima I tried it for the first time. It is a good way to improve them.

Thanks for your comment.

Last edited:
That's going to be one awesome looking bird. And the livery/nose art will really seal the finish. You made the right choice going for this variant. Good luck with the rest of the build

Users who are viewing this thread