B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice to see it finally closed up. I really hate clear parts that have to be added early in the build and from the inside
I agree with you George, it's a stone in your shoe, when you've closed your model and a window falls inwards :banghead:... and now your model becomes a "maraca".
I have not yet met a model that you can place the windows from outside, that would avoid at least that kind of setbacks. :-k\\:D/

Gracias por comentar :thumbup:

That's right, Kirby, I definitely feel like I'm finally in a new chapter in this process.
I am already working on putty and sanding to prepare other airbrushing sessions.

Saludos :thumbup:

Hello friends.

It has been a few days and I have not been able to advance as I would like in our Shark Mouth, but I share what I have in photos.
I started with a bit of putty in the central joint of the fuselage. In the upper part between the upper turret and the tail there are three lights (indicated by the arrows)

337.jpg

I decided to eliminate them, to leave the union as smooth as possible. Then I´ll rebuild those lights with a few pieces of thin styrene sheet and make with a clear spure each of the three bulbs.

In some photographs and plans these three lights do not appear, :-k ... and in the photos that I have of our version, I do not distinguish them.
Question: Our version of B-25G "Shark Mouth" wears them?, what color are they? 8-[
I remember that in my past Liberator B-24D were 3 blue spotlights.

For now, the originals are no longer in their place ...

339.jpg

... other photos of plastic surgery ...

338.jpg
340.jpg

I just need to soften all that long union and hope that with the Primer layer, we have to correct the minimum.

Giving time to cure the putty as best as possible, I found this detail of the injection of plastic in these two pieces (as if it had burst an air bubble), with a couple of drops of cyano, seems to have been resolved.

341.jpg
342.jpg

... in the same way, after a sanding and applying the Primer, we will see if it is enough. :-\"

For now I am with putty and sanding wings and intend to join them to the fuselage to start with the first. (Well, in the little time I have to sit in my work bench :dontknow:)

Hasta pronto y feliz fin de semana :thumbup:

What extraordinary diagrams and images Geo, allow me to confirm that the light they had at the tip of the wings, should not go in our model.
But Andy is right (maybe I explain myself wrongly), but I mean the lights on "the fuselage belly centerline."
We hope to find the right information for our B-25G and we can learn if those lights go, or not, in our version and if so, what color they are in.

Thank you very much my friends.
Muchas gracias :thumbup:

A better shot of the bottom photo.

Definitely where Luis indicated. Not sure if they are lights though
This is the exact area I'm referring to, Geo. Exactly in the photo of the "other B-25G" you can see what appear to be those three spotlights behind the turret.
Will our "Shark Mouth" version have them too? It is very probable, although I have not found a shot of that area of our version in question.

I'm at a dinner, but really from my cell phone, our talk becomes very interesting. :thumbup::thumbup:

Saludos

Luis, send me a PM with an e-mail address, and I'll send you the B-25 Pilot's manual. It shows the lighting diagram, and details of the colours etc.
From what i can see, the position and formation lights were on top of the fuselage and tail planes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back