B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I also mistook me, Andy, I thought "belly" meant "the back", ... you were talking about the bottom of the fuselage. Now I know that belly means "panza"(in spanish). :study:
But it seems that we are all finally in the same sequence. :thumbup:

The document that Terry kindly shared with me has a lot of information that allows me to continue knowing details of this extraordinary medium boimbardero. Gracias amigo =D>

I share the image of this manual with all the arrangement of the lights that the B-25 contains on the outside.
Surely it will be very useful for many of us. The only thing I did was add the color of each of the lights, according to the description that I attached in the second image.

350.jpg
352.jpg

I had to make a correction in the correct position where each of those 3 formation lights should go.

349.jpg

Preparing the fuselage to start painting has been a very meticulous job to mask the turrets, cover the windows with a liquid mask and cover all the holes in the best possible way ...

343.jpg
344.jpg
345.jpg
346.jpg
347.jpg
351.jpg

I still have to cover the front landing gear and add the weight on the back of the IP and on the hole at right side of the 75mm canion. I'm finishing to leave ready also the wings and the rear stabilizer.
I have thought that after putting the primer layer and checking that all the joints of the pieces have disappeared (I will have to work on what needs to be corrected :thumbright:), then I will replace the lines of panels and rivets that have been lost, ... and then join the wings and the rear stabilizer to the fuselage, to start the exterior painting process. :artist::playful:

It is a lot of work to take care of the details, but it is worth it if I want to make the maximum effort to do the honors that the B-25G deserves, as well as everything we have contributed together to the process achieved so far.

Gracias por sus visitas y comentarios. Saludos :thumbup:

Attachments

• 348.jpg
    348.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 81
Hi Sancer!
There were 2 types of formation lights used on different B-25 models, G incl. (there were no formation lights on H and J) - bulging and flat:
30YDNsF.jpg

6H2gkIj.jpg

fLoToqY.jpg

The B-25 you're modeling was one of the 63 B-25C converted to G. I'm not sure how would you build your lights (even if you mention it in one of the previous posts) but IMHO the formation lights should be from the first type and not flat (and very very small in 1:48!).
Regards!

I greatly appreciate your comment and images Catch 22.
You're right, I've thought about bulging those lights, with a drop of cyano.
Those pink pieces are thin bases where those lights will rest. The ones included in the kit on the horizontal stabilizer of the tail, are really small, so they should be the same as the 3 of the fuselage.
I was very pleased to hear from you in this process and thank you for your contribution.

Saludos :thumbup:

Not sure that the lights in the second (colour) pic are actually flat. That looks like the empty mount for the lamp fitting, with the bare metal where the base of the lamp would attach, with the lamp housing itself, and the wiring, inside, and the 'globe' on the external rim. Note that it appears that the side windows glazing has not yet been fitted, which leads me to think that this is a factory shot,taken before final fitting out - but I could be wrong !
Good info re the lack of the lights on the 'J' model - noted for when i get around to adding my 'J' kit alongside my (still unfinished) Mitchell II.

I comment to you a small incident and I share how I solved it.

In an oversight, I did not realize at what moment one of the bomb shackle support hook fell ... :confused:

353.jpg

... that the images tell you how the lost piece was recovered (obviously I would NEVER find it !!)

354.jpg
355.jpg
356.jpg
357.jpg

The weight is in the hidden place, and I attached it with a little liquid silicone.

358.jpg

... some of the pieces ready to go to paint ...

359.jpg
360.jpg
361.1.jpg
361.2.jpg

Go I'm taking longer than expected in this part of the "prior to painting" :bored:

See you soon...! :thumbup:

Thanks for your thumbs and comments W, Geo and Micdrow (by the way I'm glad to see you here Paul :salute:)
:thumbleft::thumbleft: :thumbright:

I opted to work at once on the landing lights, so I painted the interior with a dark mixture of green Z. Ch. And black ...

361.jpg

... to make the lamps, I have some round and metallic pieces, slightly concave of some cell phone that I disarmed and some tiny "balines" (small metal balls, :-k - I do not know the correct name in English -)

362.jpg

With cyano I left them in a fixed way.

363.jpg

... I applied MKK, to simulate the lens of each lamp ...

364.jpg

... and once dry, apply gloss varnish ... (better I made 3 pieces to prevent any unforeseen disappearance)

365.jpg

With cyano was installed the lamp inside his cubicle

366.jpg

And I decided to use the transparent parts that the kit comes with and with a little Tamiya ETC this one mid-stage is finished.

367.jpg
368.jpg

The time will come to be able to mask them; while I'm still working to have everything ready to start with the "very promised" painting session !!

That's all for now,

Cheers :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back