B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Luis, and glad you were able to repair the damaged lamp lens.
The part you asked about, shaped like an American football (or British rugby ball !), is the streamlined housing for the D/F loop.

To attend as best as possible all the small details that I can correct, will give me the peace of mind not to regret having let them pass ... !!
When I put in place the rear stabilizer, I had to do some light sanding and fill some slight holes and gaps...

384.jpg

I also took care to have the estrabilizer well aligned, with respect to the horizontal line of the floor.

385.jpg

... the rest, are details of the work in this back section ...

386.jpg
387.jpg
388.jpg
389.jpg
390.jpg

With this relaxing image I will let the fuselage rest while I work on leaving the wings also ready ... !!

391.jpg

I have decided to work with the painting process on the bottom of the plane, with the wings separately (to be able to work more freely in the nacelles and its surroundings). And before you start painting the top, I´ll glue the wings to the fuselage.

Well, little is shown on this occasion, but as I mentioned: "At a slow pace, hurry"

Hasta nuevo aviso, camaradas :thumbup:

Thanks Terry and Huge.

I decided to put the back bubble at once, in order to achieve the same effect as in the landings lamps lens, and inspired by this image:

016b25.jpg

... my work ...

392.jpg
393.jpg

Finally, I can start the painting process !! \\:D/

This will be the color guide to delineate the tones ... and a color photograph of our twin-engine bomber.

mi versión color.jpg
3.jpg

Over the primer (of light gray color), I applied a mottling with medium gray in a proportion of approximately 90% isopropyl alcohol and 10% paint.
You can see the difference in the top wing. The one down has only the primer.

394.jpg

... and the fuselage ...

395.jpg
396.jpg

In a moment I come back with more ... :thumbup:

I'm going to have to work a little to minimize that little separation that was left between the fuselage and the bubble ... with a little PP from Vallejo and it should be ready!

397.jpg

... and that's how the vertical ailerons look with mottled ...

398.jpg
399.jpg
400.jpg

I needed to add to this photo the hatches of the landing gear and the panels removed from the cowling of the engine and the nacelle:

401.jpg

This is where the new technique to improve the real appearance of a real airplane begins for me. :study:

In the case of the lower part, I will use matt white XF-2 in the same proportion as medium gray and applies exclusively to rivet lines (those that do not have united panels) The lower wing still does not have this white phase.

402.jpg

So far I have this photos, ... but I've finished both wings, the cowlings, all the gates and the tip of the plane.
At night or tomorrow I make the correction of the tail bubble and apply white to the rivet lines in the fuselage, before going to the second phase of my new painting process.

I hope you like it and I am attentive to your kind comments.

Hasta la próxima!! :thumbup:

Nice work Luis, it should really come alive when it's all painted.
Just a note - the 'vertical ailerons' are the fins (vertical stabilizers in American !) and rudders. The ailerons are the control surfaces on the outboard of the main wings, which control roll/ bank.

Nice work Luis, it should really come alive when it's all painted.
Just a note - the 'vertical ailerons' are the fins (vertical stabilizers in American !) and rudders. The ailerons are the control surfaces on the outboard of the main wings, which control roll/ bank.
Thanks Terry, and very valid clarification. I have to keep learning and familiarizing myself with the correct terminology and translation. I think I should start a notebook.
The words wall wells, nacelle, port and starboard, will start forming ...

Gracias profesor! :thumbup::thumbup:

I always appreciate the words Andy, I think it will be very enriching for me this possibility of achieving a more truthful way to achieve the finish in the painting. I'm really excited about the result.

:thumbup:

Looks great! I love how your are using new post-shading techniques. Interested to see how it turns out. I thought I used thin paint mixes... 9:1! That's very watery and must take a long time to build up a coat!

Looks great! I love how your are using new post-shading techniques. Interested to see how it turns out. I thought I used thin paint mixes... 9:1! That's very watery and must take a long time to build up a coat!
Thanks John, I thought the same thing about the mix, but it also allows me to have better control and pass as many times as necessary, according to the intention in the place I am painting.
We'll see how it is going, I thank you for the comments, knowing that you do formidable work of painting.

Saludos :thumbup:

Thanks John, I thought the same thing about the mix, but it also allows me to have better control and pass as many times as necessary, according to the intention in the place I am painting.
We'll see how it is going, I thank you for the comments, knowing that you do formidable work of painting.

Saludos :thumbup:

Upss !! :confused:
I had a power cut on my PC and when I reset it, I uploaded my comment twice, ... in case some kind moderator can eliminate the duplicate. :D
(I tried to do it, but I did not know how to do it :rolleyes:)

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back