B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Luis.
It's a bit late now, but there was a small, red globe position lamp in the port landing lamp housing, outboard of the main landing lamp. Just the tip could be seen, and I made mine from a piece of rounded clear sprue, painted with Tamiya clear red.
I can try to find the pic of it on my model, and on the real aircraft, if you need it.

Nice work Luis.
It's a bit late now, but there was a small, red globe position lamp in the port landing lamp housing, outboard of the main landing lamp. Just the tip could be seen, and I made mine from a piece of rounded clear sprue, painted with Tamiya clear red.
I can try to find the pic of it on my model, and on the real aircraft, if you need it.
It will be a mistake by omission, on my part. #-o
I would not want to damage the transparent part, nor the wing if I try to detach them. So many questions that I ask all of you, and I assumed it was an adaptation in later B-25s. I did not give her the necessary time to investigate that detail of the "passing light", next to the landing light in the same housing of the left wing !!
Thanks Terry, I will always appreciate all kind comments from all of you; ... it is about learning and knowing in the way possible, so many details that would go unnoticed, but that make the admiration of these aircraft and modeling continue to increase.
:pilotsalute:

Those photos that you comment, could be of interest, to document this thread, and surely it could be useful for someone else in later projects of some B-25.

Greetings my good English friend :thumbup:

No problem Luis, the passing lamp can only just be seen anyway.
I'll try to find the photos and post them here - at the time of loading them onto my computer, I had a bit of a problem, and instead of them all being in one folder, they're spread across a number of smaller folders !

Just spent the past few hours reading this thread in its entirety and all I can say is "Wow!" This is some good stuff Luis, especially impressed with all your extra work to both the interior and engines. Keeping an eye on this for sure as I have soft spot for the b-25 gunships. Looking forward to more! :thumbleft:

Just spent the past few hours reading this thread in its entirety and all I can say is "Wow!" This is some good stuff Luis, especially impressed with all your extra work to both the interior and engines. Keeping an eye on this for sure as I have soft spot for the b-25 gunships. Looking forward to more! :thumbleft:
I am flattered by your comment, Luftace43. :shame:
I can tell you that the admiration for the WWII aircrafts and to retake to the taste for modeling, as well as the development of my skills, would not be achieved until now, without the knowledge, experience, support, passion and camaraderie inside the fantastic group of persons & friends from all over the world.
:wav:

You will notice the great forum in which you have started. The pleasant surprises, learning and growth will continue to flow.

Saludos desde el país del Tequila!!
:thumbup:

You are absolutely right Luis, I am humbled to be in such knowledgeable and friendly company. Also, seeing that you will be needing to create some of your position lights on the aircraft soon, it has inspired me to experiment and attempt to recreate these in a realistic manner. I will be glad to show my findings and techniques if you would be interested. I still need about an hour or so to see if what I am trying is successful.

Do not hesitate to do it, your project with the "P-51D" is going very well, surely those position lights may be useful and you will also have the feedback you need. :thumbup:

Okay Luis here ya go.

A preview of what I did.
0322181927.jpg

I created a separate tutorial thread so as not to hijack yours.:)

Tutorial: Aircraft position lights

"Life is composed of challenges" ... :cool:

By applying the glue to the transparent part of the landing light on the right wing, ... without realizing it I had glue on a part of the palm of my hand and I touched the piece!

369.jpg
370.jpg

They are badly focused photographs, but at least the accident is noticeable. :rolleyes:

I took advantage to work on the two landing lights, to clean the error and soften the union of the "glass" to the wing and make an "almost perfect" union.

371.jpg

Once polished, I relied on this image to make a better finish in the outline of each light ... (obviously without the shield)

luz de aterrizaje.jpg

... I masked them leaving about half a millimeter, so that, the painting is exceeded in that small difference ...

372.jpg
373.jpg
374.jpg

... I will not be able to see the result of my idea, until after applying all the painting and weathering ... !!
... the last piece ready before starting with the primer ... (is it an antenna-radar? :-k)

375.jpg

With a mixture of 70% of TLT and 30% of LSP, I started in the application of the primer.

376.jpg

... I come back in a moment with more ... :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thinking about how to ensure that when removing the liquid mask from the windows, they will not fall into the fuselage, ... the only thing that occurred to me was to put a band of tape Tamiya to each window and wait for the best result as you gradually detach the outline of the window, suggesting the tape so as not to force the window inwards ... !!!:nailbiting:

I think that in this part I am open to your comments, experience and suggestions. :sorry:

378.jpg

The painting process that I am about to do, will be my first attempt to combine two techniques that I have been reviewing among several videos and threads here and other pages. I will describe them little by little and I hope it will lead us to a happy ending and (at least for me), a new way to improve the appearance of my planes.
In some of my previous models I had already sanded the surface, after the primer, but in this occasion it went to all the pieces that will be painted and I did it with a 1500 sandpaper.

377.jpg

You do not notice the difference in the photo, but after sanding the wing to the right, it was much smoother. Already with the dilution of the primer, the imprint was already soft in itself.
... to work on all the pieces ...!

379.jpg
380.jpg
381.jpg
382.jpg
383.jpg

It was a marathon, but I have everything ready to start my new experiment ...

I hope to start tomorrow, Sunday, and at the first opportunity I share the progress.

Enjoy your weekend. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Gracias chicos :occasion5:
They are very motivating comments, I want to start ... I hope my airbrush is up to par. :wideyed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back