B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brian y Wayne, les agradezco el halago.
It's been a week with a lot of work with my business, so I hope I can make some progress in these days. Thanks for your visits.

Hola chavos!

This is a view about where the tail cone will go, and there is something I can do to improve the detail.

Reviewing so much information that I have shared and another on the network; I found a detail that I also decided to make to our B-25G

... I made the holes with a drill of the appropriate size; and I made the crystals with Micro Kristal Klear

And with this image the colors are defined

I used X-27 clear red and X-19 smoke and painted the new lights from the inside. With X-22 clear, I retouched the lights from the outside..

... I must give the color of the interiors to that part, so, after painting on green zinc chromate, I will continue retouching with clear or Future, to leave the crystals level.

I am in the stage of assembling everything that should be inside, to be able to close the fuselage. Also I was already checking the amount of weight that I have to put in front so that it has good stability and will not leave the line.

There are some sequences of some parts of the process, which I still do not share with you because there are still unfinished; ... but with the pumps, I finished them!

I tried after the Primer, to anchor the yellow and cover with a strip of tape (Tamiya elastic and tape to isolate) what would be the yellow strip ... at the tips it was practically impossible, so I did it with a liquid mask. In 100 lbs. Pumps everything was with a liquid mask ...

... after applying the olive green, the back ribbons were fine, but the ribbons opposite, were peeled with everything, yellow and Primer! I had to paint now in matt white with a fine brush and then apply yellow.
In pumps of 500 lbs. I had to do everything by brush again, ... and in the 100 lbs. I did not even try to remove the liquid mask ... they will all be olive green ...

After several dry fits, this is how the bombs will look

... this is a crack that apparently will cause a bit of trouble to close it well. I have to work carefully because I would not like to break anything! (inside or outside)

This will also be a section where I will be careful, ... when joining the three pieces should be level !! ... one more test for when it's time to join the fuselage!

It's all for now, thanks for your kind comments, visits and greetings.

Last edited:
Nice BOMBS Luis-Carlos.

The crack could be filled with stretched sprue melted with liquid cement.
It's good advice Andy, I used to use sprue powder and liquid cement; It can be very similar and just as simple for sanding. I thank you, ... it had not occurred to me either, ... I thought of a little green putty, or Tamiya's white putty.
Well, let's wait and see how that crack behaves when gluing both halves.

Gracias

As well!

Now yes, these will be the last pictures of the interior of our medium bomber, with all the accessories included in its interior.

When making the union of the two sides, verifying that everything fits correctly and there is no "something" that obstructs; without wishing I pressed with greater force when I took the fuselage ... I detached one of the corridor windows, falling inside ... !!

Fortunately I still did not seal with glue, ... which allowed me to separate the sides, take the window and mount it again. It was a bit complicated because of the access to that area (the base of the two turrets hindered me), having the right tool (a "suction cup" with the appropriate diameter and arm), I was able to achieve the task.

In this way the fuselage passed the night with TET and a little help with clamps and garters to adjust the joint in the entire central strip.

See you soon with more

We are one of the few people who know everything that is inside our B-25.

Even so, I have been able to see that it is observed with much better clarity, everything inside, peeking out the windows and looking for good lighting from another window.
I'll try later to get some good shot (hahaha, with my cell phone) and I can prove it.

Thanks for your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread