Battle of Britain Airshow, Duxford, 2019.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the Mustang shot Terry mentioned :lol: original and with the colour adjusted.
_DSC0406.jpg
_DSC0406a.jpg

Good ones Karl, and not dismal at all, considering the conditions - even the early part of the show was a bit tricky to photograph, due to the backlit cloud to the west.
EDIT ; We're obviously posting at the same time. GREAT job with the Mustangs - the ones I messed up !

Good ones Karl, and not dismal at all, considering the conditions - even the early part of the show was a bit tricky to photograph, due to the backlit cloud to the west.
EDIT ; We're obviously posting at the same time. GREAT job with the Mustangs - the ones I messed up !
cheers Mate.

my shots of the Mercury formation.
first shot shows the rather grey and damp conditions !
_DSC0538.jpg
_DSC0552.jpg
_DSC0552a.jpg
_DSC0503.jpg
_DSC0511.jpg
_DSC0568.jpg

Many thanks all.
I am so stunned, and saddened at the loss of the Collings Foundation B-17, and the loss of life and injuries, that I personally feel that, at the moment, it may be inappropriate to continue posting pics of this particular airshow.
I know that "life must go on", but I'll wait awhile, and continue after a respectable delay.

Many thanks all.
I am so stunned, and saddened at the loss of the Collings Foundation B-17, and the loss of life and injuries, that I personally feel that, at the moment, it may be inappropriate to continue posting pics of this particular airshow.
I know that "life must go on", but I'll wait awhile, and continue after a respectable delay.
agreed, will follow your lead Terry

As I'd rather get this thread finished, I'll continue. There are still a number of shots to present, but most of the finale, with the Spitfire formation, are unusable, due to the error mentioned earlier, and the dark skies. However, there are still some of the American trainers, and the two Yaks, and I'll start with the former in this, and the next post.

Five American training aircraft were involved in this display slot, with the Stearman doing a solo display, and the rare Yale and the Vultee Valiant, and the former Boscombe Down Harvard and Portugese Harvard, performing dual displays. I was particularly pleased to see the ex- Boscombe Harvard, as I modeled this particular aircraft a few years back.
Note that the Valiant and Yale took off in formation, accompanied by a Duxford-based Red Kite !

DX Sep 131.jpg
DX Sep 132.jpg
DX Sep 133.jpg
DX Sep 134.jpg
DX Sep 135.jpg
DX Sep 136.jpg
DX Sep 137.jpg
DX Sep 138.jpg
DX Sep 139.jpg
DX Sep 140.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet stuff there guys, awesome job. Love the two mustangs Karl and well Terry I am surprised you shot the Martlet :) but love the Catalina shots Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back