Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and East Kirby.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Huffy

Airman
Oct 17, 2005
Shropshire
Recently had a visit to Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight at Raf Coningsby Lincs,and then a very interesting visit to East Kirby,to see Just Jane taxing ,and a tour round the museum there ,which is a must for anyone with a day to spare,because ,and I apologise for anyone who has been before ,there is literally soo much stuff to digest. I,ve put a few pics on! Hope you like them,I know someone who might ;)

Attachments

• east_kirby_016__small__137.jpg
    east_kirby_016__small__137.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 346
  • east_kirby_018__small__994.jpg
    east_kirby_018__small__994.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 353
  • coningsby_008__small__347.jpg
    coningsby_008__small__347.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 345
  • coningsby_002__small__178.jpg
    coningsby_002__small__178.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 363
  • east_kirby_024__small__131.jpg
    east_kirby_024__small__131.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 345
  • east_kirby_025__small__929.jpg
    east_kirby_025__small__929.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 378
  • coningsby_015__small__134.jpg
    coningsby_015__small__134.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 355
Very nice! I would caution you from stepping in front of an airplane during an engine runup, it the brakes fail, or it jumps the chocks, you could get shredded. It does make for a good shot though.

I am guilty of the same thing. I did it 2 weeks ago with the Hellcat. I knelt down directly in front of it during a maintenance run-up. After I snapped the shot, I thought "That wasn't too bright!"

:lol: I sometimes forget the element of danger for a good shot. One time I was sidestepping while looking through the viewfinder and walked right into a (fortunately) stopped prop! I could hear the snickering behind me.

but only cos your head would've been shreaded into bits :lol:

great pics there, i'd love to go see the BBMF at coningsby, i'd love to see them anywhere actually! i've been to 3 airshows where the BBMF (including the city of lincoln herself!) where supposed to put in an appearance, the weather stopped them everytime :lol:

the lancaster kicks ass said:
but only cos your head would've been shreaded into bits :lol:

great pics there, i'd love to go see the BBMF at coningsby, i'd love to see them anywhere actually! i've been to 3 airshows where the BBMF (including the city of lincoln herself!) where supposed to put in an appearance, the weather stopped them everytime :lol:
Same thing has happened to me, it is so annoying!

well obviously with aircraft like that they have to be very picky about the conditions she's flown in, the crews get very annoyed about it too...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back