Best Aerobatic Team?

Best Aerobatic Team

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant, I'd love to see those shots GL .
Was it in the hangers at Cardington near Bedford or In Germany Glider

Attachments

• cardington_hangers_six_119.jpg
    cardington_hangers_six_119.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 441
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Wow those are amazining. They are still standing today?

Yes Adler I believe so . I think there the biggest unsupported buildings In the UK originally the R101 was built there. At the moment they sometimes put Dirigibles and Blimps in them, bit like a pea in a bucket really.

No he was in Germany when he saw the Hindenberg. The hangers at Cardington are still up and are sometimes used for various projects.

I need to get hold of a suitable scanner to post the shots. There are only about three of them. I only have a negative scanner.

I will put together a number of his shots and start a new thread. There are a few interesting ones of Germany just before the war, plus the ones that he had during the war when serving with the 8th Army. When I have them collated I will put them in a thread.
My fathers story is a little unusual. He left Germany three days before war broke out. Started out as a Concientious objector when called up in 1940 and ended up as an Regimental Sargent Major in the RAMC. I will use the pictures to add detail and substance to the story.
All I ask is I don't want people jumping to conclusions. You don't make the leap from C Objector to RSM by being a whimp.
This will take time as I have to track things down and get the scanner from my son at university when he finished this term in about 6 weeks time.

I've seen pretty much all the European teams. I've got to say i enjoy the Patrouille Suisse, especially when they fire flares on their last pass. The Reds are always good as are the PDF and the Italians are cool too, Just they never seem to do different routines its the same year after year.

edit - I used to live in Bedford, just down the road from the Cardington Hangers. It used to be home to some 'reserve aircraft' for the Hendon Museum i think, and during the 80's there was a commercial airship operation running from there and they were regular sights over the town. 8) 8) happy days!

Being a navy brat I gotta vote for the Blue Angels, saw them when I was a kid they were still flyin' the F-4 back then. I lived right by the airport they did thier show in Florida and Boss flew so low I could damn near see his nose hair. As for thier C-130 support plane all I can say is R.A.T is freekin' kewl.

I agree the Blue Angels are the best for me also and I have seen them several times but all of the Aerobatic teams are awesome and do wonderful jobs and are fun to watch!

In my opinion Russian Knight is the best aerobatics team in the the world.
There uniqueness lies in the fact they are only one who perform aerobatics with heavy fighters.
As you all might be knowing that heavier the plane harder to control it.
Thus east or west RUSSIAN KNIGHT are the best.

As you all might be knowing that heavier the plane harder to control it.
In what terms? Heavy in weight or on the control? The heavier an aircraft is the easier it is to penetrate rough air. They fly Su 27s with a good flight control system. Its weight has nothing to do with their ability to fly formation aerobatics....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back