Best Aircraft in Many Different Roles Part II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK so I'm kinda new here and I only made it through the first 19 pages of this thread so far but (considering the topic) is there no love for the DC-3/C-47/R4D/Dakota etc.(and all the other variations)?...I mean that was about as versitile an aircraft as there ever was.

whilst she did perform many roles most of them just involved carrying a slightly different cargo to a slightly different place, planes like the Ju-88 and mossie genuinely performed vastly different roles calling on many of the plane's different abilities................

OK so I'm kinda new here and I only made it through the first 19 pages of this thread so far but (considering the topic) is there no love for the DC-3/C-47/R4D/Dakota etc.(and all the other variations)?...I mean that was about as versitile an aircraft as there ever was.

So when did the C-47 perform as a night fighter, day fighter, bomber, dive bomber, torpedo bomber, ground attack (okay they used them as gun ships in Vietnam, but we are talking WW2 here not Vietnam), maritime patrol and photo recon?

Sorry the C-47 is a great aircraft and I think she was the most important aircraft of WW2 but she is not as versatile as the Ju-88. Not even close.

Agreed Adler. And the sheer engineering that went into the vastly different models, missions, and roles played by the Ju-88 is beyond comparison. That was one versatile airframe. They didn't just hang different armaments below her or fill her bombays up with different equipment. They truly revolutionized the original airframe for all the different roles she played in. Remarkable actually.

Well personally I like Il-2 Sturmovik. It was the best ground attack aircraft in the WW II and there were even types used as fighters, but this is only my personal opinion. ;)

she will always be one of the great aircraft of the war but was by no means the most versatile, she was a born and bread close support ground attack aircraft..............

Well personally I like Il-2 Sturmovik. It was the best ground attack aircraft in the WW II and there were even types used as fighters, but this is only my personal opinion. ;)

While your opinion is yours and it is valid opinion and everyone is allowed to have an opinion, lets look at this seriously.

Could the Il-2 seriously fill these roles:

Transport
Torpedo Bomber
Cargo
Bomber with heavy loads of bombs

There are plenty of aircraft such as the Ju-88 and Mossie that could plus more and everything that the Il-2 could do.

dikhead
fussbkt
dweeebe
asswipe
stulpok
flaimer
queeene
dipshit
dooofus
hairbal
wainker
yamsack