Best Bomber of WW2 -- #3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
KraziKanuK said:
Here we use machines and gravity to load corn in 'wagons'.

wagons, i thought they were flat bed :lol:

and we use augers but when you reach the bottom of the corn bin there's always allot that even gravity can't get to the bottom of the auger, so it's my job to help it along ;)

hey, farmers dig farm talk, infact i had quite an interesting discussion about it with my friend's girlfriend the other day, can you believe it, i gave her the link for the page where i posted the pics of our tractors, then the next day when she was plaiting ym hair she said they were old ;)

the lancaster kicks ass said:
would you like to hear about the time i got my finger crushed? or we almost rolled down a hill to our doom because of a muck spreader ;)

Serves you right for putting your finger where it is not suppose to be. ;) The hay loft with the girlfriend can....... . Seriously lanc, farms are dangerous work places. Is muck another word for manure? Muck is just mud, here. ;)

you'd get torn apart for calling muck mud!! they're totally different! mud is just earth mixed in with water and is hated and has no real use, muck is manure, which is obviously very useful! and i know farms are dangerous :lol: i almost got impaled on a bale spike once!

but anyway, the lanc, i've been looking at the tiny charts, and can conclude that, with overload fuel tanks in the bomb bay (or in the fusilage as were sometimes carried) she could comfortably manage as 3,200 mile round trip with fuel for an emergency, with a payload between 4,000 and 2,000lbs at 20,000ft (the charts only gave the data for 20,000ft), and that includes the fuel used on the climb...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back