best fighter of the 50s

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, I seemed to hit a nerve there, and I'm truely sorry to our American friends. :oops: Just like anyone else I can say and do dumb things. We are all entitled to our opinon, and this is mine. Now Nonskimmer you should know better with a tory government that they are stupid and crazy look at the GST

Supraman said:
Wow, I seemed to hit a nerve there, and I'm truely sorry to our American friends. :oops: Just like anyone else I can say and do dumb things. We are all entitled to our opinon, and this is mine. Now Nonskimmer you should know better with a tory government that they are stupid and crazy look at the GST

No problem Supra - you will find that we're all here actually non-biased however there a few guys here that really know their stuff and will challenge statements with hard facts.

There's a site about the Arrow where the author makes all these acquisitions but provides little or know references to back up his claim, in this forum we have those types of folks for lunch! :twisted:

http://www.avroarrow.org/Cancellation.htm

the lancaster kicks ass said:
:lol:

well someone's gotta stick up for the british, the second most superior race on earth (after the cornish).........

Cornish?!? Oh you mean the "hen people." :lol:

Supraman said:
Now Nonskimmer you should know better with a tory government that they are stupid and crazy
Oh, please. As opposed to whom, the Grits? Are you actually suggesting that the Liberals would have even given an ambitious project like the Arrow a chance, much less have seen it through to fruition? A Conservative government was the best chance the Arrow had for development, and even they'd eventually had enough of the delays and increasing cost overruns. It had to give, as much of a shame that it was. Besides, Diefenbaker was what they call a "Red Tory". He was a Conservative with more leftist leanings, not that I really think that the final outcome would have been much different anyway.

In any event, I think it's high time that we as Canadians finally stop looking south for our scapegoats and accept responsibility for our own problems. Shaking an angry fist across the border is getting us absolutely nowhere. We create our own problems in this country, and trying to blame Americans, Brits, or little green men is useless.

Nonskimmer said:
In any event, I think it's high time that we as Canadians finally stop looking south for our scapegoats and accept responsibility for our own problems. Shaking an angry fist across the border is getting us absolutely nowhere. We create our own problems in this country, and trying to blame Americans, Brits, or little green men is useless.

:salute:

Nonskimmer said:

Very well said.

Supraman said:

It is not that people are against you opinion. As you said you are entitled to it. It just seems that an aweful lot of people seem to blame the US for there own countries problems, and some people are pretty tired of it.

If someone is just to ashamed to admit that there country has problems that might be there own, then they need to learn to deal with it.

There is a polotics area that was made for this reason. If anyone feels the need to discuss polotics or blame other people countries for some odd reason then that is the place to do it, not in aviation threads. Aviation threads are for aviation! Wow what a concept huh. Just a warning prepare to feel heat when you go into the Polotics section, anything goes. :twisted:

I say the F-86 and derivitives was the best of the 50s A/C. It was the last "honest" pilots' fighter with no vices. It was built in large numbers by us and our Allies and supplied to many governments to kick start their jet squadrons up from prop planes. It was simple enough and inexpensive enough to be owned and fielded by any country.

Many people I know who own private F-86s easily transitioned into them with some time in a T-33 or L-29, just like in the 50s.

Canadair Sabers seemed to be built a little better when compared to NA built ones. My only vice with them (as a maintainer) is they leak easily, especially from actuators....

I "crewed" this aircraft for Al Hansen in Mojave - had to post them again...

hansen-f86-03-8.gif

vetday-051111-20cr-8.gif

vetday-051111-13-8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back