best fighter of the 50s (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

its gotta certain edge and it even influenced cars with it's looks (cadilacs with the fins) and was pretty fast i read about mk6 sabre that light on fuel passed a hun in the climb much to pilots chagrin

HANDS DOWN THE SABRE! Mig Killer, exported, built under license, first aircraft Sidewinder armed (and to use them) re-engined, re-armed, navalized, it's a 50's icon, LIKE ELVIS!!! The Mig 15 and 17 had some advantages, but bottom line, the Sabre is King of the 50s!!!!!

FLYBOYJ said:
HANDS DOWN THE SABRE! Mig Killer, exported, built under license, first aircraft Sidewinder armed (and to use them) re-engined, re-armed, navalized, it's a 50's icon, LIKE ELVIS!!! The Mig 15 and 17 had some advantages, but bottom line, the Sabre is King of the 50s!!!!!
yeah but you gotta have the best variant and i feel thats the mk 6

pbfoot said:
FLYBOYJ said:
yeah but you gotta have the best variant and i feel thats the mk 6

I could agree since I worked on one! 8)

I like the Mig-17, it looks cool with it's rounded wingtips - I also like it from this view too... :evil4:

Attachments

• 17_128.jpg
    17_128.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 581
Well the first plane to be recognised to go through it - I think there are a few claims it happened late in WW2 in dives.

I think the Hunter was a good aircraft and a clsoe second to the Sabre. One thing I know about the Hunter, it wasn't as maintainer friendly as the Sabre...

I know they fought each other when India and Pakistan went at it - I don't have stats, but I know there were kills on both sides....

You will forgive me if I consider the F86 a close second to the Hunter.

Your right about the Sabre being harder to maintain but it one important aspect it did have an advantage and that was in turn around time in a surge situation.

I will dig into my India / Pakistan records and see what I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back