best fighter of ww II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, s'true...they look good eh?...that's why I like my pic....

Found a pic in a book the other day of a Mossie attacking shipping in a Norwegian fiord, smoke from the cannons, kicking up spouts around the ships, awesome!....it's abit small, taken at a distance from another Mossie, so I have to get it enlarged, but it's rare to see the smokin' cannon, it's usually the rockets....

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._206.jpg
    raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._206.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 594
When ur attackin ground troops at 250mph, u could be shooting BB's and it would still decimate troops... The .303 would suffice, the .50's would be better... An enemy on the ground had a chance of survival if hit by a .303... A .50 cal round basically blew off parts, chunks, or sections upon impact...

Overkill???
In combat theres no such thing...
:D

Yes there is. Dropping a 22,000 lbs bomb to kill one, single, man is an overkill.

If the Corsair was used in the European Theatre, what difference do you think this would have made to achieving Allied Air Superiority...?

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._899.jpg
    raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._899.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 420
what difference do you think this would have made to achieving Allied Air Superiority...?

none, we got air superiority without it, and what would it do that current planes couldn't do anyway....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back