Best Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cannot you see the pic in my signature, gracefull lines, a very aerodynamic bomb aimers bubble and go faster commoflage stripes

This is for you and your Lanc fan pal: I have seen a B-17 bomber up close, and I was impressed with the elegance of its design. Those four big radial engines all idling at once is an expression of real power. Very impressive. "Aluminum Overcast" is the name of the plane. It's a touring exhibition. Perhaps you have seen it. My question is, how does the Lancaster compare in size to the Flying Fortress? The Lancaster is kind of an ugly plane, really. Don't you think? A real dog.[/quote]I totally agree with everything you say about the 17 but i never heard anybody talk about a lanc like that lol."a real dog",thats great

the lancaster kicks ass said:
cannot you see the pic in my signature, gracefull lines, a very aerodynamic bomb aimers bubble and go faster commoflage stripes
wut......lol ;)

Many years ago (ca. 1976) I worked on a job with a couple of guys from Toronto. During a break, I asked them whether they (both Anglo) believed English Canadians would go to war to prevent Quebec secession. This is what they told me: maybe, if the war were on a weekend; and if no one got hurt; and if there were no hockey on TV; and, of course, it would have to be over by Monday, because people have to go back to work, eh. Now that's a Canadian thing.

Visitor said:
Many years ago (ca. 1976) I worked on a job with a couple of guys from Toronto. During a break, I asked them whether they (both Anglo) believed English Canadians would go to war to prevent Quebec secession. This is what they told me: maybe, if the war were on a weekend; and if no one got hurt; and if there were no hockey on TV; and, of course, it would have to be over by Monday, because people have to go back to work, eh. Now that's a Canadian thing.

lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hot Space

Hot Space said:
Visitor said:

lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hot Space
hey im canadian,thats hitting below the belt,but i agree :lol:

While Sweden was neutral in the Second World War, they must have had a substantial defense force, which presumably would have included combat aircraft. Does anyone know? Were the Swedes designing and building fighter/interceptor type planes during that era? Were they good? Anyone have any pictures? The Swiss were able to maintain their neutrality by having a credible deterrent force available, to discourage any incursion by the Nazis. I don't know it for a fact, but the Swedes must have had something similar. Their automotive industry has always been pretty advanced. P.S. Tea is Canadian thing, too. My favorite cup happens to be Red Rose--which, I am pleased to say, is now available in America, as well.

Hot Space: thank you for the link to Swedish aircraft. The J22 is an efficient-looking craft; neat and compact. Note how the Swedes preferred to arm it with cannon, rather than with machine guns. The British Spitfire was armed with machine guns. The German ME-109 was equipped with cannon. I have seen--something on television--comparing the relative effectiveness of the two armaments. The cannon was clearly superior, being more likely to cause catastrophic structural failure with a single hit; as opposed to the reliance on the sheer volume of gun rounds to cause damage.
Someone made a sarcastic reference to "colonies." An ancestor of mine, who happened to be English, by the way, shouldered a musket with Gibson's Company, Second Battalion, Cumberland County Militia, in the Pennsylvania Line. I don't know why I mention it, it just seemed relevant somehow. He was the son of Quaker expatriates, and born in Maryland. I suspect he joined in Pennsylvania to earn the bounty of land on the frontier, which he later claimed. Or maybe it was he just got so g*d d****d pissed off at English presumptuousness. :evil:

Visitor said:
Hot Space: thank you for the link to Swedish aircraft. The J22 is an efficient-looking craft; neat and compact. Note how the Swedes preferred to arm it with cannon, rather than with machine guns. The British Spitfire was armed with machine guns. The German ME-109 was equipped with cannon. I have seen--something on television--comparing the relative effectiveness of the two armaments. The cannon was clearly superior, being more likely to cause catastrophic structural failure with a single hit; as opposed to the reliance on the sheer volume of gun rounds to cause damage.
Someone made a sarcastic reference to "colonies." An ancestor of mine, who happened to be English, by the way, shouldered a musket with Gibson's Company, Second Battalion, Cumberland County Militia, in the Pennsylvania Line. I don't know why I mention it, it just seemed relevant somehow. He was the son of Quaker expatriates, and born in Maryland. I suspect he joined in Pennsylvania to earn the bounty of land on the frontier, which he later claimed. Or maybe it was he just got so g*d d****d pissed off at English presumptuousness. :evil:

Sounds like your Family has a long and noble history there, M8 8)

One thing though, could you please refrain from swearing as some people might take some offensive, M8 ;)

Thanks

Hot Space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back