hey, I'm back, sorry, we've had more problems with our computer, we just had the whold thing reinstalled. Anywho, lets not forget the shiden, it could kick the ass of any allied fighter in the pacific, it just came in a bit late.................
My hat is off to lancaster !. I have been a fan of Japanese aircraft and I am surprised how little is published about their design. There was a aircraft wind tunnel for design at Tachikawa AB Japan. A lot of Japanese aircraft designs were tested there. The USAF took over the base after WW2 and they converted the wind tunnel into a movie theater. While I was stationed at Yokota AB (about 18 miles away) in 1969 I went to the movie theater at Tachikawa many times. I wondered why the ceiling was concrete and curved so I asked someone. There is a lot of history in aircraft design by the Japanese engineers. But the Japanese did not have high octane gas for their airplane which was lucky for the B-29's The Shilden is a outstanding design.