Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CH-53 Sea Stallion

• MH-53 Pave Low

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • CH-37 Mojave

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll go with UH-1 as well.

I'm curious, why is the Cobra not listed?
I took lil Viking to see one on static display - that would be some fun stress relief!

You almost have to break down the Vietnam War into three or four distinct phases to determine the best helo.

What good is the huey if its 1961 and they dont even exist?

You almost have to break down the Vietnam War into three or four distinct phases to determine the best helo.

What good is the huey if its 1961 and they dont even exist?

What are you talking about?

The UH-1 first flew in 1956 and the first HU-1A (they were called HU-1A before they were changed to UH-1A) saw service in 1959.

So please explain to me how the Huey did not exist in 1961? They did not arrive in Vietnam until 1962, but the Huey existed.

So please explain to me how it did not exist.

After that give me some reasons why the Huey which did more for the Vietnam war than any other helicopter can not be considered the best.

What are you talking about?

The UH-1 first flew in 1956 and the first HU-1A (they were called HU-1A before they were changed to UH-1A) saw service in 1959.

So please explain to me how the Huey did not exist in 1961? They did not arrive in Vietnam until 1962, but the Huey existed.

So please explain to me how it did not exist.

After that give me some reasons why the Huey which did more for the Vietnam war than any other helicopter can not be considered the best.

I was under the impression that the huey wasnt employed in Vietnam in any significant numbers untill late 1964.

And I never said it wasnt the best. It just didnt take the title untill it was there in numbers to make an impact.

OK, I learned something new. Thats what this forum is all about right?

So what was the best helo in Vietnam in 1960?

There probably weren't US helicopters in Vietnam in 1960, at least not full time. We didn't start sending troops over there until 1961

Heres some trivia:

First to be killed = FO Charles H. Mateer and CPT Walter L. Wizbowski
on 30 May 1961 in Laos flying for Air America

First U.S. military to be killed = CW2 Joseph A. Goldberg 15 July 1962

Constitution of the VHPA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back