Best Model Brand

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Odinkarr

Recruit
Aug 8, 2016
I've read several threads on this question from different forums and the responses all seem very similar: "It all depends on what you're looking for." or "Well, what's important to you? Every company has it's pros and cons."

So here's what I'm looking for:

Detail- The more detail, the better. Especially in regards to the cockpit.

Fit- I've heard that companies like Tamiya are awesome on fit. Everything fits together great, every time (they say). I would like something that needs very little additional alteration.

Cost- This is probably the least important factor to me. I'm happy to pay extra if the model is high quality.

So with that in mind, what are some of your recommendations?

Tamiya, Hasegawa, Trumpeter, Zvezda, Eduard, new Airfix to name a few. You didn't mention scale. Also the age of the kit. Eduard released a 109 the had profile problems and then release a new one with the problems corrected. Also, read reviews of the kit you are interested in to see if there are any issues. This has helped prevent me from buying a few duds.

Also depends on scale. Eduard arguably has the best detailing across scales. Airfix's 1/24 Typhoon is awesome, as are the Tamiya 1/32 Mustangs, Spits, and Corsairs.

Im a fan of MPM in 1/72. The Czechs really do a great job with the details at that scale and have some interesting subjects to boot.

For interior aftermarket I think Pavla deserve a good rap

Decals are tricky. On the one hand you want fine detailing and smooth /thin transfers, on the other, these very characteristics can make a decal sheet a nightmare to apply.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back