Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair

• ME110

• JU88

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, and I write now from the snowy streets of Philadelphia :) I justwish this city could understand snow like Maine :)

Tiger, could you please if you would talk about your father's hours in the Burlin Airlift. 800 would have been two rips a day or so. Was he flying for the whole operation?

the lancaster kicks ass said:
one mighty fine lookin' bird..............

Not as good looking as this... P-38M that isnt black for some reason...

Attachments

• silver38.jpeg
    silver38.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 791
CC, that is the prototype for the P-38M. It was basically just intended to prove the feasibility of the concept and so didn't have all of the "finishing touches" the combat models would.

The drag from the radar pod wasn't as bad as you would think. The P-38M could make 406mph @ 15,000ft which isn't too far behind a P-38L at the same alititude.

We'll do the hunting, thanks. 8)

Attachments

• nf_mosquito.jpg
    nf_mosquito.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 751
Oh yeah!?! You'll run when you see this...

Attachments

• b-p_defiant.jpg
    b-p_defiant.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 732
Have you just stated that the Beau was superior to the Me-262B-1a (Is that the right designation for the NF-262, Erich?)?

The Mosquito was the best, by combat record, Night-Fighter of the war. The Me-262 was, most likely, the best by ability. The Mosquito could still fight up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back