Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair

• ME110

• JU88

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lancaster kicks ass said:
well i should, you're still a young whippersnapper............

To hell with that, youve only been here 20 days longer than me...

P-61's look best in black :D Like 'that black airframe' eh MP? How about a nice P-38 M...

Yes the M was nice if you like that. I like the L the two seat set, but that is just me. Radar needs two sets of eyes and at night that is all the better.

If you read up on the P-38 the proposed K might make you smile.
But this is or should be for the Black Widow!! And here firepower was better then the Lightening! ;)

The P-38J was more versatile than the -38K, it had better low altitude performance. The -38K would never take over, it was a more refined High Altitude Interceptor but it wasn't better, actually worse, at doing the other tasks a J could do.

P-38 as the best nf ? 7 kills in the Pacific hardly contributes.

sorry guys look for another a/c like the Beufighter/Mossie/P-61 combinations for Allied a/c

The Mosquito NF had a better combat record and was better in ability than the Beau. The Mosquito had the best combat record out of any NF, but the -262 was a better nightfighter in ability.

best combat record (Mosquito) Allied correct ? The Bf 110G-4 probably did more combat operations than any other night fighter in the war even though by fall of 1944 the aircraft was derilict..............most successfull the ever present IV./NJG 1 with NJG 1 the overall leader with 2173 night kills and 145 day kill, few with the Ju 88G and maybe 40 with the He 219.

E ~

With fixed upwards firing 20mm cannons for the Schräge-Musik and a Lichtenstein set? A Me-110 kitted out like that is bad news indeed....

The Mosquito was definately the best Allied NightFighter off record and ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back