Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair

• ME110

• JU88

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad was assigned as a Rad/Nav as he could understand the radar even though he was pilot-qualified in Canada. He stayed in the RAF until 1967 and even had 800 hours on the Berlin Airlift humantiarian missions on DC3s/C-47s in 1948.

I set up a reunion with his wartime pilot xxxxx and they just talked about the parties, which was good.

I have a (potentially) fantastic photo of "A Flight", 600 Sqn in front of a Mosquito NF but the pictures have become stuck after being kept in a cellar for 50 years and I am thinking of ways to put the picture back together - bits have been ripped off by the separation but still are there.

My father is alive - not many more years, maybe months, maybe - and this is why he talks with me at long last about these things.

I have the address of his pilot xxxx and hope he will lend me his album so I scan it.

By the way, 600 Sqn Mosquitoes did NOT carry BQ---- fuselage codes; they carried the code 6 - RAF roundel - aircraft letter. E.g G-for-George would be 6 -RAF roundel - G.

Kind regards

Anthony T

Tigger said:
My Dad was assigned as a Rad/Nav as he could understand the radar even though he was pilot-qualified in Canada. He stayed in the RAF until 1967 and even had 800 hours on the Berlin Airlift humantiarian missions on DC3s/C-47s in 1948.

I set up a reunion with his wartime pilot xxxxx and they just talked about the parties, which was good.

I have a (potentially) fantastic photo of "A Flight", 600 Sqn in front of a Mosquito NF but the pictures have become stuck after being kept in a cellar for 50 years and I am thinking of ways to put the picture back together - bits have been ripped off by the separation but still are there.

My father is alive - not many more years, maybe months, maybe - and this is why he talks with me at long last about these things.

I have the address of his pilot xxxx and hope he will lend me his album so I scan it.

By the way, 600 Sqn Mosquitoes did NOT carry BQ---- fuselage codes; they carried the code 6 - RAF roundel - aircraft letter. E.g G-for-George would be 6 -RAF roundel - G.

Kind regards

Anthony T

Hmmm...

Anthony T...

Might this be TonyT in disguise?

;)

Nothing to do with the Vulcan project, though I think that's a worthy cause.

Am appalled to see the one at Duxford turfed out into the open to fester the way the Victor et al have. Used to have its own indoor hangar area with training WE-177 nukes on show. The rust and rot is already setting in - aagh!

On the Beau, the attach may be of interest - very few pictures of No46 Beaus wearing the sand, brown and nlack scheme have ever appeared anywhere. These were repainted during 1944, and a mix of schemes ensued for most of that year.

Anthony T

Sorry guys, the system wouldn't let me upload!!!

Anthony T

Attachments

• beau_from_idku.jpg
    beau_from_idku.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 85
Great lookin Beu Anthony, please give my best to you and your familie and Merry Christmas.

guys here's a very rare pic of a Ju 88G-6 from friend and ace Peter Spoden, viewed in December 1944 at the base at Schwäbisch Hall. He and his crew were shot down by accidnet by German Fla-2cm guns and Peter was wounded but received another Ju 88G-6 later as he healed up.

Attachments

• newpics29.jpg
    newpics29.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 729
needs a red bow around the tail correct ? :D

yes snow indeed whcih was a total pain to take off on at night when the snow turn to iced over crud........

War is a horrible thing, though sometimes fascinating because of technology and sheer perverse aesthetic viscera

We must all be friends now, and either accept each other or attempt to be historians in an effort to understand and record important things for the sake of history.

The time has come to keep ideals to sport and to "fight" for a better world - that's what all the fighting was about in the first place; a degree of homogenisation that we all can accept.

Within our own ranks, please let us just accept received wisdom, which I think goes along the lines of:
"Try to understand what you can't change, work hard at what you can, and have the wisdom to understand the difference".

My XMas message across the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back