I just read an excert from this book, and it talks about the 67th Sqd of the RAF shooting down 4 x Ki21's on 12/23 and another 6 on 1/24 - all of which were confirmed.
I'm sorry, I did leave out three dates in that period in Burma, because my notes didn't correctly flag Buffalo in addition to AVG P-40. The counts you gave OTOH entirely ignore the presence and competing claims of the AVG P-40's (and Hurricanes in the 1/24 case). The fairest way to count IMO is to just prorate the opponent's real losses by the claims made by all friendly units and types in the same combat. Later on, the AVG fought mainly by itself and its claims in those cases weren't noticeably less accurate compared to reported Japanese losses than other Allied fighter units in SEA in 1941-42.
I left out, for Burma:
12/23 67th Sdn and the AVG intercepted Type 97 bombers escorted by Type 97 fighters and claimed 3 and 10 bombers respectively, the 98th Sentai lost 2 and the 62nd lost 5, see p. 245. The AVG also claimed a Type 97 fighter but none were lost. 4 P-40's were lost, 2 or 3 to bomber return fire per the description in Shambles and "Flying Tigers" by Ford. On a prorated basis, 67 sdn would be credited with 3/13*7=1.6 bombers.
12/25: Buffaloes claimed 1 bomber and 3 fighters, AVG 15 and 9. The Japanese lost 4 Type 97 bombers, and 2 each Type 97 and Type 1 fighters, p.250. The AVG lost 2 P-40's one to bomber return fire, 67 sdn lost 4 Buffaloes all apparently to fighters. Prorated score of Buffaloes was 1/4 bomber and 1/2 each Type 97 and Type 1 fighter.
1/24: Buffaloes claimed 4 as I read it, Hurricanes another, and the AVG 4 bombers and 6 fighters, for no Allied loss. 6 Type 97 bombers were actually present and 5 were lost, along with 3 Type 97 fighters, p. 265. Prorated, the Buffaloes would get credit for 2.2 bombers.
I did include Buffalo combats in Burma 1/20 and 1/23 already, and after the 1/24 combat, the RAF fighters in Burma were Hurricanes.
Altogether my previous omission would add ~4 prorated victories over Type 97 bombers for Buffaloes, so a big % addition to the 5 total non-fighters I quoted, but I don't think it dramatically changes the answer to whether Buffaloes downed a lot or few Japanese bombers: pretty few. And a reason I don't like that kind of measure, absolute number of bombers downed by fighters, so didn't' quote it originally (on the previous thread) and probably shouldn't have at all, is that omissions affect an absolute number in only one direction. Same thing with a few other cases where the Japanese result isn't clear (eg. Buffaloes claimed a single engine bomber 1/13 over Burma, combat just not mentioned in Japanese accounts).
OTOH in case of fighter-fighter result as a ratio, if you omit a few combats by accident at random, it shouldn't affect the ratio much, as my omission of the 12/25 fighter-fighter case doesn't affect the ratio much. Likewise if a combat isn't mentioned on the Japanese side it's just thrown out of the ratio along with any Allied losses in that combat. There's no apparent tendency for more successful Allied combats not to be mentioned on Japanese side: it seems random based on missing records.
I could see Buffalo results v bombers being highly important if they went 10:46 in 22 known, two side documented, fighter combats but downed dozens of bombers, but clearly we're talking a relatively small number of bombers, and not outstandingly more than other Allied types managed.
Joe