Best Tank Killer of WW2 continued

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And the Hs-129 did not fare well in the desert... the sand was impossible to deal with, concerning those wonderful french engines... After 2 weeks, the units deployed there were rendered useless....

But they did have some effect on the Brit tanks down there. Cant find much info on that.........

Yet..

Interesting that you say the IL2 was a piece of scrap metal, yet in the history books ,and by the way an old Tiger Tank driver that that happens to be the Grand father of the lady Im dating ...Every time the Sturmoviks came in to straff most of the time the poor bastards in the tanks would scramble for cover leaving thier tanks until either thier tanks were toast or until the IL2's were done and left. So Im thinking the IL2,s did thier job which was to take out the tanks and strike terror in thier crews...Job well dome me thinks.

X

Interesting that you say the IL2 was a piece of scrap metal
Dont think ull see many guys here saying that..... It wasnt... It wasnt the greatest aircraft out there, but it did what it was designed to do, kill tanks, quite effectively too.....

Imagine if the VVS actually gained air-superiority over the East.... Unfortunatly they couldnt, and many Many MANY Sturmovicks and their crews got smoked by the Luftwaffe.... Great plane against AA. Not so great against -109's and -190's tho......

Il-2's against Tigers........bull crap ! Agsint ground troops and MT yes.

I'll still take the Ju87G-1 or even the Fw 190F with Panzerblitz. Actually the Me 262A-1a over everything that has been listed, must have the Panzerblitz rockets installed though

I'll still take the Ju87G-1 or even the Fw 190F with Panzerblitz. Actually the Me 262A-1a over everything that has been listed, must have the Panzerblitz rockets installed though
I almost agree.... The -262A-1a didnt have enough on station time for me to desire it to pick out and execute tanks... But I go with u on the Ju 87G-2 (not 1) and the 190F-8 Panzerblitz I... Hell yea 88mm rockets.........

remember the G-2 just had a longer wingspan and nothing else. The Panzerstaffeln used both. I am still researching the last dark days of JG 7 with those altered R4M's. all I can say now is it was brutal when they let off a slavo agasint Soviet armor and then followed up with the 4 3cm weapons on MT and truppen.................Yikes :shock:

Hell yea. Actually the difference between the G-1 and G-2 were alittle more involved...

The G-1 was based on the 87D-3 airframe, while the G-2 was based on the D-5...

The differences between the 2 Dora models were deleted wing dive brakes, a wing with tapering and extension, fixed armament changed to 2x 20mm MG 151/20, reinforced ground observation panel in the cockpit floor, mass balanced ailerons, undercarriage jettison facility and a revised bomb rack...

From what ive read, the G-2 was slightly more manouverable than the G-1, and with the Stuka, the more the FREAKIN better....

the G-1 and G-2 did not have dive brakes nor 2cm cannon as it was not needed. The diffence was a slight armor modifications around the cockpit and radio whichw as a abit more advnaced than the G-1. the D-3 and D-5 airframes did not have really much diffenrce either but did include armor where needed-increased and the 2cm guns. this is readily apparent on the nachtshclact D's used by these forces to bust up Soviet and Us/British crossroads traffic in 44-45. There was not D-7 nor D-8 variant. yes this is blowing the history books away that are covering the bird but it is fact. wish Matin Pegg would get his act together and publish his monument to the Ju 87 gruppen like he did the Hs 129 some years back

the G-1 and G-2 did not have dive brakes nor 2cm cannon as it was not needed.
I agree.... Anything that the G-2 added to increase my life expectancy and give me the ability to kill more of those flithy communists in their little tanks the better.... I mean seriously... I wish I could have had that bathtub of armor around me in my G-2 like the Hs-129 did... MAN!
this is readily apparent on the nachtshclact D's used by these forces to bust up Soviet and Us/British crossroads traffic in 44-45.
And man, what a job they did...... Those 37mm.... Bang bang bang...

God I love this video clip. Thanks to whoever posted it.......

Attachments

• ju-87_vs_js-2_597.mpeg
    4 MB · Views: 118
Les I cannot get mpegs for some stupid reason, can U get it into wmv file cause that I can open.

man I must be tired today after work my spelling really sucks

very good Les ! yes this is the file from Detusche Wocheschau that is suppose to be G's attacking JS 1's in Hungary. Well at least we see a Ju 87G attacking some thing and some derelict JS 1's but no apparent 3.7cm cannon round damage. typical propaganda footage but very cool anyway

well one day I will get the footage of some 4 Ju87 G's taking out 6 T-34's to post here. Again on the Deutsche Wochenschau footage

A steep angle of attack and down and up with the twin 37mm's tearing the heart out of these tanks. Again proving when caught out in the open with no mobil AA you are dead meat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back