Best Tank Killer of WW2 continued

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well one day I will get the footage of some 4 Ju87 G's taking out 6 T-34's to post here
Hopefully sooner than later... Now ur gonna have me searching the internet trying to find it.......
Again proving when caught out in the open with no mobil AA you are dead meat.

But damn if them Russians didnt have a crap load of AA..... It seems like anything that could support a AA gun, did.... I remember, awhile ago, seeing this Russian truck with 4 AA weapons on it... Crazy....

i think the IL-2 is one of the greatest tank killers, beacause of its cannon that could penetrate most tank armor. i also think that the ju-87 is a good one too. but i cant really debate beetween them. but beetween those two, i would pick the IL-2.

You're right, les, the Soviets put AA on anything and everything that could carry it. Apart from their home grown hybrid designs they also had U.S delivered M16 AA GMCs (Quad .50s on a M5 Halftrack)

I honestly don't know. They had great ideas of the principles of mobile warfare but they lacked everything but the tank to put it into practice. They lacked mobile-AA and trucks! Both of which were largely supplied by the US and UK.

I assume because they had the largest air force in the world in 1941 they believed they could effectively hold air superiority. The Germans didn't begin designed mobile AA until they lost air superiority over the West. So, it's probably the same thing.

I thought he was talking about mobile AA. AA they had loads of and a hell of a mixture too!

I really didnt understand what he was talking about... English second language thing.......

Everytime I start reading about ground attack missions in Russia and what not, there are always losses to groundfire... Always...

It really is amazing just how many German Aircraft were shot down by Russian AA gunners... I read somewhere that there was a Russian Gun Captain with over 100 aircraft to his credit... He died when a plane he shot down crashed into his gun bunker... Dont know if theres any truth to it, but i was a pretty good read.....

Christ, that's quite a tally. The Soviets certainly stacked up the AA. Some of their mobile AA units were just trucks with an 85mm on the back. Who needs designs and drawings? There's a 5-ton truck, stick a gun on the back and BAM you've got a mobile AA.

the truck captain and crew is from old.....myth. I doubt more than 10 as he would of been gun fodder sooner or later. The typcial was a tri-Fla arrangement on the back of lend lease Ford truck flatbeds. the German schlachtgruppen loved to hammer these things into pieces knowing quite full well they were the biggest opponent to them not the mid altitude Soviet AF. Considering too with the lend-lease the Soviets single-handely defeated the German Wehrmacht................har har

What are you talking about, Erich!?!?!??!?!?!?!? THE SOVIETS DIDN'T NEED THAT LEND-LEASE...

that's the thing, everyone always talks about russia's huge ammount of arms in WWII, the men were Russian, but people seem to forget that allot of their equiptment came from their allies........

They were only mobilised because of the 506,000 trucks sent by the U.S. That's just one thing and it probably had the greatest impact on the Soviet war effort.

It wouldn't have been a mobile war if they they didn't have those trucks.

how about all those Shermans as well with many becoming cannon fodder on the Ost front. The B-25 outstanding to anyting the Soviets could muster as to the way of a fast bomber. A sneeky and often deadly twin engine used at night

i barely know much about russia. i usually pay attention to germans, americans, and japanese. i know quite a few things about those coutries. where did russia get there arms, other allies? or did they produce there own?

Users who are viewing this thread