Best-Worst-Last-First Whatever Lists

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The last 2 surviving people on Earth who were born in the 1800s:

1-Susannah Jones, U.S., born July 6 of 1899
2-Emma Martinuzzi, Italy, born November 29 of 1899

The former #1, Jeralean Talley, recently passed away-R.I.P. Jeralean. One more death and this will nolonger be a list.

Four most powerful bombs air dropped in a war (country) yield in TNT kiloton blast equivalent:

4-Grand Slam (UK) .006 kt
3-Daisy Cutter (US) .007 kt
2-Little Boy (US) 15.0 kt
1-Fat Man (US) 21.0 kt

Last edited:
Three air dropped conventional bombs that have larger yields than the smallest nuclear weapon tested (U.S. W54 low yield variant) at about .009 kiloton - #-name/s-country-kiloton yeild:

3=GBU-43/B (MOAB) U.S. .011 kiloton

2=T-12 (Cloudmaker) U.S. .012 kiloton

1=ATBIP (FOAB) Russia .044 kiloton

Last edited:
The three times lethal chemical weapons were believed to have been intentionally used in WWII and related conflicts:

1-Italy against Ethiopia+1935-36+Mustard gas

2-Japan against China+1937-44+Lewisite/Mustard gas

3-Germany against Soviet Union+1942+Phosgene

Last edited:
The five times weapons of mass destruction were believed to have been intentionally used in WWII and related conflicts. To note, although contemplated, there were no known radiological weapons used in this time period.:

Biological weapons-

1-Japan against China+1940-42+Anthrax/Glanders/Plague

Chemical weapons-

2-Italy against Ethiopia+1935-36+Mustard gas

3-Japan against China+1937-44+Lewisite/Mustard gas

4-Germany against Soviet Union+1942+Phosgene

Nuclear weapons-

5-United States against Japan+1945+Fission bombs

Last edited:
Three two cycle engine race cars entered in European Grand Prix/U.S. Championship Drivers events:

1-Duray Special (Stevens Whippet Rear Drive Chassis/Duray Water Cooled Engine)-1931 Indianapolis 500-Driven by Leon Duray-V 16 supercharged 2 cycle spark ignition engine-242ci 3966cc-Car qualified 29th and wound up 37th out of 40 starters after retiring on lap 6 with overheating

2-Cummins Diesel (Deusenberg Rear Drive Chassis/Cummins Water Cooled Engine)-1934 Indianapolis 500-Driven by Hartwell Stubblefield-Inline 6 supercharged 2 cycle compression ignition engine-364ci 5965cc-Car qualified 29th and finished the 500 miles in 12th out of 33 starters

3-Monaco Trossi (Monaco Front Drive Chassis/FIAT Air Cooled Engine)-1935 Italian Grand Prix-Driven by Carlo Felice Trossi-Radial 16 (8 x 2) supercharged 2 cycle spark ignition engine-243ci 3982cc-Car practiced for race but did not qualify due to handling problems unrelated to its power plant

Last edited:
World War Two in September of 1945:

1-September 2-The Japanese formally sign their surrender papers on the deck of USS Missouri.

2-September 4-The last German troop detachment surrenders on Spitsbergen Island.

3-September 5-Singapore is liberated by troops of the British Empire.

4-September 9-The last Japanese forces surrender in China.

Last edited:
As I can think, the worst 8 things, in descending order, that can happen in our personal lives:

1-Death of a child

2-Death of another close relation such as a spouse, lover, parent, sibling, grandchild and so on

3-Critical health issue such as fatal illness, major physical or mental impairment and severe deformity or disfigurement

4-Essential total property loss as from a fire or tornado

5-Imprisonment

6-Divorce or equivalent

7-Job loss or financial ruin

8-Identity theft

Last edited:
As I can think, the worst 8 things, in descending order, that can happen in our personal lives:

1-Death of a child

2-Death of another close relation such as a spouse, lover, parent, sibling, grandchild and so on

3-Critical health issue such as fatal illness, major physical or mental impairment and severe deformity or disfigurement

4-Essential total property loss as from a fire or tornado

5-Imprisonment

6-Divorce or equivalent

7-Job loss or financial ruin

8-Identity theft

I'm familiar with number 2 and yes it's rubbish (expletive deleted)

Eight firearms that weren't guns or guns that weren't firearms which predated the firearm gun invented ~ year 1200 probably in China:

1-Burning Stick (firearm that wasn't a gun) Flaming length of wood used to menace, burn, strike, poke or throw at an enemy-Probably devised in East Africa ~150,000BC

2-Flaming Arrow (firearm that wasn't a gun) Burning arrow shot with a bow for purposes of starting fires-Possibly invented in the Middle East ~12,000BC

3-Blowgun (gun that wasn't a firearm) Lung powered air gun that preceded the BB gun and air rifle-Most likely invented in Southeast Asia ~10,000BC

4-Speargun/Ballista (gun that wasn't a firearm) Spring powered, stored energy weapon that propelled a bolt along and out of a channel serving as a sort of barrel and often resembling a large crossbow-Probably invented in Greece ~100BC

5-Flamethrower/Greek Fire (firearm that wasn't a gun) Flaming liquid discharge weapon-Invented in the Bysantine Empire ~650

6-Grenade (firearm that wasn't a gun) Bomb thrown at an enemy, originally filled with a flammable liquid like naphtha-Invented in the Bysantine Empire ~750

7-Fire Lance (firearm that wasn't a gun) Explosive tipped lance that was almost certainly a predecessor to the firearm gun but that resembled more a modern powerhead, exploding harpoon or spar torpedo-Invented in China ~ 950

8-Rocket (firearm that wasn't a gun) Burning gas self propelled missle-Invented in China ~1000

Last edited:
Four things President Reagan did that weren't conservative:

1-Cut and ran from Lebanon after one car bombing.

2-Bailed out Harley Davidson by adding a huge tariff to large Japanese motorcycles.

3-Granted amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.

4-Greatly increased welfare under the guise of the Earned Income Tax Credit.

Last edited:
If there was a time machine so we could have them all in their prime; My All Time Best Rock And Roll Band:

1-Drums-John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)
2-Keyboards-Jerry Lee Lewis
3-Bass-Jack Bruce(Cream)
4-Guitar-Pete Townshend(The Who)
5-Vocals-Richard Ashcroft(The Verve)

Until the time machine is invented, this is the best we have right now. (Full screen, full volume and headphones recommended!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4rvJQUvZDo

Last edited:
If there was a time machine so we could have them all in their prime; My All Time Best Rock And Roll Band:

1-Drums-John Bonham(Led Zeppelin)
3-Bass-Jack Bruce(Cream)

All are well known except perhaps for Ashcroft so here you go (Again, everything at full throttle and with headphones recommended)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1OH16z_Cc

If there was a time machine so we could have them all in their prime; My All Time Best (still living) Rock And Roll Band:

1-Drums-Chris Cester(Jet)
3-Bass-Paul McCartney(The Beatles)

Here, I think Cester is the least well known so here you go. (Full screen, full volume and headphones recommended!)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITAgm0rpws

My best rock bands x the #s:

2 members-The White Stripes
3 members-Cream
4 members-The Beatles
5 members-The Rolling Stones
6 members-The Black Crowes

And if you think a 2 piece band comes up short (a hot chick drummer doesn't hurt either):

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuRd1yqGDeE

Last edited:
My all time female rock supergroup:

1-Drums-Meg White(The White Stripes)
2-Keyboards-Tori Amos
3-Bass-Charlotte Cooper(The Subways)
4-Guitar-Bonnie Raitt
5-Vocals-Janis Joplin

Last edited:
Four crimes that can get you executed in the United States even though no one died as a result:

1-Treason

2-Espionage

3-Hostage kidnapping in relation to bank robbery

4-Attemped murder by mailing injurious materials

Last edited:
Quite a series of lists there Stan. I thought desertion was an offense that warranted execution as well. But then we never execute deserters, Obama trades terrorists for them and gives them sex changes on demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back