Best WW2 Fighter Pilot Poll Round 2

Best Pilot Pt. 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Any Czechs on this forum? :) I think they too had a couple of pilots flying for the RAF.

Regards
Kruska

And if there wasnt a Pole on the Poll, who would u place ur vote with???

From the above list I would hesitate between (order as they appear on the list) Hartmann, Baer, Galland, but if I should choose anybody except Poles than I probably would voted for Juutilainen.

but if I should choose anybody exept Poles than I probably would voted for Juutilainen.

You're basically admitting that the only reason you voted for the guy is because his nationality is the same as yours. Although in fairness to you, if I were Polish, I would probably also be biased against the Luftwaffe.

But in any case, I still have to say that I'm very surprised that Urbanowicz has 10% of the votes here and that he's only one vote behind Hartmann...

You're basically admitting that the only reason you voted for the guy is because his nationality is the same as yours. Although in fairness to you, if I were Polish, I would probably also be biased against the Luftwaffe.

Not the only reason but the deciding one. A big difference.

And you're right, I'm probably biased against Germans and Russians but I have great respect for some of them for their personal achievements.

Besides the vote list the best Pilot could be my uncle (old time family friend -not really related) he flew as fighter pilot from 1939 till the very end of 45. Among the planes he flew was also the Ta-152, and the best part is; he never got shot down nor did he shot down anybody - (according to his say)

Regards
Kruska

View attachment 62192
...and his name is...?

Hello everybody,

greetings from a new forum member.

According to the forwarded list I would go along with Heinz Baer, however it struck my mind, that there was a Luftwaffe Pilot who downed 40 or more four-engined bombers. Would anyone of you remember his name? If so I would like to forward that pilot as the No.1

Regards
Kruska

View attachment 62192

Haven´t found anyone with more than 40 4 engine kills, more at
Viermot-Killers

Haven´t found anyone with more than 40 4 engine kills, more at
Viermot-Killers

Killing B-17s and B-24's took the balls of an elephant and a lot of luck to survive the defensive firepower.

Killing fighters, in my opinion, took more skill - and even more luck if the numbers are high.

To me the LW pilot that survived throughout the war on the Kanal Front and ETO is the one that flew against the most capable adversaries..

He flew against everything the Allies had to offer and flew a lot of target rich missions.

I have zero doubt that many VVS, USAAF, USN, RAF, etc pilots had the same skills - but zero had the longevity.

I have always admired Otto Kittel.But I have a bias for JG54.Kittel had 267 victories when he was killed on Valentines day in 1945,by some IL-2's.

I don't remember if I voted or not... but I have always admired the high scoring Japanese aces. It seems to me that it takes a pretty good pilot to bring down a P-38 or F6F with a Zero or Hayabusa. Japanese pilots where frequently asked to do more with less, and some of them actually managed to get the job done even though their hardware was horribly underpowered and without protection.

Their are some dam impressive German pilots who managed to survive the war (with unbelievable victory numbers) even though they where horribly outmatched (numerically), but without question German hardware managed to maintain a competitive edge (pretty much) through out the war... for me Hiroyoshi Nishizawa, Saburo Sakai, and Tetsuzo Iwamoto where impressive pilots...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back