I wish that posters who insert articles would actually read them themselves
Compensating for the British deception (the author is simply guessing in regards to the deception factor, since he shows no sources in regards to the deception factor)
brings a CEP of about 6 km for the V2. B-17 with the Norden Bomb sight had a CEP of 1km
Meaning the bomb drop by a B-17 was 6 times more accurate than a V2.
The article is clearly lopsided due to the author trying to promote the V2, e.g. quote:
……
In accuracy and collateral damage high altitude bombing was not much better in accuracy than the V2
Comment by a reader of this article:
The evidence of the Bombing Survey is there: A CEP of 1000m as obtained by Norden equipped B-17s and B-24 over Europe as compared to the V2's theoretical of 4.5km-6km
As I mentioned, I had served in a Bundeswehr Pershing1 unit - therefore we had also studied the Redstone and V2 rockets history.
Regards
Jagdflieger