Bf 109F-2 Fine Molds 1/72 "Noughts and crosses"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Congratulations from me, too very well done !
The other winners must have been exceptionally good to beat your 'Friedrich' - it's one of the best I've seen in any scale, and I'm still staggered that it's 1/72nd scale !

I'm quite happy with the 3rd place. There were very strong competition among propellers in 1/72 class. The first two places went to four-engined bombers: Lancaster and Stirling. Single engined fighter has a little chance against such big rivals. Moreover, according the rules there were models with open weapon bays/external stores preferred, and additional points for these features were awarded. My another model of the Swiss Bf 109G-6:
Bf 109G-6 Swiss "J-705" Eduard 1:48
was very high rated for exceptional painting, but also lacked external stores and took 2nd place on 1/48 class.

It's a shame that the weighting was such that your excellent model did not place higher. I would not normally expect the addition of external stores and other details to sway the vote as most contests I've been to focus primarily on build quality.

I agree with Andy. It's a very long time since I entered any competitions, but in general, judging is normally based on overall build and finish, not how many engines, external stores or opened panes are on the model.
But, it that's the local rules, then fair enough. At least you know you got a good pacing, and in truth your model is the equal of the First and Second place winners, if the same standards are taken into account.

I'm only a year late, but I just came across this while searching for 1/72 scale decals for Hahn's 109's.

Exceptional job!! Even more so considering the blue-tac rings which must have been rather tedious! When I saw the in-progress pic of the rings being painted I thought they were small rubber O-rings.

Thanks to the comment of jvenables, it avenged me knowing your Friedrich.
What a formidable work of painting you achieved, the work in the spiral on the spinner and the camo rings.
These are excellent tips to keep in mind.
I thought it was a bigger scale, with more reason congratulations for your work and the prize in the contest.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos
SANCER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back