Bf 109's in 1/32....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Which is the best one in this scale.....all things considered? Have a couple of '13' that would cool to have in this scale, especially first and foremost Bartels Black 13! Couldn't find his Red 13....:( But the other two winter camouflage ones are tasty too, mostly the JG54... :drool:

Now, who should I blame this time? :twisted::lol:

Attachments

• Augsburg's flyers part VII.jpg
    Augsburg's flyers part VII.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Augsburg's flyers part VIII.jpg
    Augsburg's flyers part VIII.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 163
Far as i know, there are currently only three providers of the Bf109F in 1/32 nd scale, Revell, Hasegawa and Trumpeter.
I know little of the Trumpeter kit, only having seen pics of a painted and assembled example. But, their kits, although good, tend to have some issues somewhere, and can be a tad on the pricey side.
The Revell kit is the original, one of the first 1/32nd scale kits of the late 1960's, and is not really worth bothering with, especially at the price of £19.99. It can be made into a nice model, but takes a lot of work, chopping, cutting, filling etc, to get it anywhwere near an accurate shape. And, of course, the general detail, although perhaps just about adequate, reflects the era of production.
The Hasegawa kit is as you would expect, although again, I've only seen built and painted examples, and an un-built kit - I haven't built one myself - yet! Fortunately, it's of later production than their earlier kits from the '70's, which tend to be good but basic, with inaccurate interiors.
If you feel inclined to move on a couple of years, then the ex-Hasegawa, re-boxed Revell Bf109K is on offer at Model Zone for £9.99, although out of stock at the moment. That's a saving of around £20 or more on the original Hasegawa price!!!
No doubt Wayne can give you more detail on the Hasegawa 'F', and probably Kevin with the Trumpeter kit.

Hasegawa haven't done the F yet but it's coming later this year....

The G series release in many forms and K are very nice kits, you will not be disappointed if you get one!

I will eventually do Bartels G-6/R6 Trop Red 13 as I have the correct trop filter to add to this baby!:D

I thought Hasegawa had done the 'F' a few years ago - must be getting confused with 1/48th scale! So, only the Trump kit for now then - unless you're lucky enough to find a 21st Century Models example, and 'breath' on it!

Yep, I spotted that Wayne! I could always do 'Black 8' from the same unit though - but I won't!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back