Bf109 with Pipe. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

finaly a good reply:p dont know if its correct but like the idea

Piet

Another theory is that the water was heated up by the exhaust . Created condensation within the exhaust causing excess pressure and causing the motor to loose power and the plane to crash :?:

Could be getting close here. I wonder if it was something to do with experiments in eliminating contrails? Just a thought.
It might have been an invention of that well-known Prussian Professor, Doktor Vin Ebago, Dipl. Eng., where he came up with the idea of a portable, self-contained aircraft hangar. Press a button in the cockpit of the '109, and the tube opens, and a fully equipped hangar unfolds, complete with lighting, tool racks and a rest area in one corner. The hot tub and sauna were optional extras.

A while back this theory came up. Forgot where or who made the profiles but interesting none the less.

Attachments

• Bf109Ttestanlage.jpg
    Bf109Ttestanlage.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 124
  • testranlageoperation.jpg
    testranlageoperation.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 240
Micdrow, kind of what I was thinking.
But it must have been hard (almost impossible) for the 109 pilot to have positioned the line for the refuelling with it hanging below the aircraft like that. It looks like its almost in a blind spot.

Guess that explains the crash photos then...

gumbyk,

I suspect that if this was the real application then it was the refueling a/c's job to connect, while the 109 just stayed steady level.

gumbyk,

I suspect that if this was the real application then it was the refueling a/c's job to connect, while the 109 just stayed steady level.

I would have to agree with you Soren, the 109 would have to fly steady and let the bomber or refuel align things up.

I guess,
But it seems a bit bass ackward to me. Surely its easier to hold a big bomber on a nice steady straight and level flight than a small, agile fighter?

Either that or the 109 had a pump to suck up the fuel itself? Who knows..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back