Bf110.....1/48......with engines?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Am looking for a 1/48th kit, Bf110 that has engines included. I'm still mulling around in my head to do a Dr Frankenstein Messerspit! I want to show the engine exposed. I wonder how many will really get it without telling.

1/32 is just too expensive. $160+ for a 110!!!! Another 75+ for a Mk.Vb Spit.

Hoping for good news from this brain trust.

Neither the Revell nor Eduard 110's include engines. Not sure of any others.

This morph of a 110 and Spit sounds.....ummm.....interesting.
Thanks Andy.

Is there a 1/48th Bf-109G with an engine included?
This would give me a better start in the piping.

I can find these in 1/48 accessories;
Ed Bf-110 engine..................................
Ed Bf-109G prop and spinner..........
However I need,
1. engine cowling from a Bf-110...eh!
2. Cooling scoop from Bf-109G
but I can scratch build this.
3. Firewall from Bf-109G.......
haven't looked for details of this one,
may be able to scratch build this as well.

Thanks Andy.

Is there a 1/48th Bf-109G with an engine included?
This would give me a better start in the piping.

I can find these in 1/48 accessories;
Ed Bf-110 engine..................................
Ed Bf-109G prop and spinner..........
However I need,
1. engine cowling from a Bf-110...eh!
2. Cooling scoop from Bf-109G
but I can scratch build this.
3. Firewall from Bf-109G.......
haven't looked for details of this one,
may be able to scratch build this as well.
Cyber Hobby does include the engines.

IMHO you may use the 1/48 Fusion 4801 - DB605 Engine Conversion Kit for Spitfire Fighter for the engine cowling. Or just make the panels from scratch.

Also LF Models offers a similar kit ... LF Models LF48002

Cyberhobby BF-110D has engines, and is still available.

Bf110D-1/R1 "Dackelbauch", Cyber Hobby 5556 (2010)

1689184388403.png

Still wondering how a 110 and a Spit work rather than a 109......Sorry but brain is on strike.
It's the 110 engine Cover and mount that worked best with the Daimler Benz engine mated to the Mk.Vb. The 109 prop was used.

So if I can get a 109, with engine And prop it's just the cover I have to find and modify.

I'm well over the thought of cost at 1/32nd. $215.00 +/-!!!!!
Don't tell him to scratch build. He'll be hammering out tiny little aluminium panels for days!
Hadn't thought if Alum or even brass shim stock. Hmmmm

An inexpensive '109 kit in 1/48th scale would be one of the (early) ICM Bf109F kits, which has the engine and engine bearers.
From memory, the cowling is in two halves, so if you're going to model it with the entire cowling removed, it could probably be adapted fairly easily.

Just a note ... as my memory serves the engine cowling should be of Bf 110G variant. So neither the Bf 109F,G one nor the early Bf 110 models can fit. But even though a couple of corrections may be needed.

Just a note ... as my memory serves the engine cowling should be of Bf 110G variant. So neither the Bf 109F,G one nor the early Bf 110 models can fit. But even though a couple of corrections may be needed.
The 110G cowl Does need some mods. It also needs the 109 bottom style intake on underside.

An inexpensive '109 kit in 1/48th scale would be one of the (early) ICM Bf109F kits, which has the engine and engine bearers.
From memory, the cowling is in two halves, so if you're going to model it with the entire cowling removed, it could probably be adapted fairly easily.
I will look for the ICM kit! Thanks for that!

According to the pics below there was not any air intake at the engine cowling bottom. It can be noticed that the orginal Spitfire Mk.V both the oil and engine coolant radiators were left. Also here the Bf 110G engine nacelle diagram. It is clear that if you use the part of a Bf 110 model you have to remove the oil radiator case from the bottom and the opening there has to be closed. Also the notches for the wing leading edge have to be closed. There should be added the air intake to the supercharger on the port side. And it was smilar or just could be from the Bf 109F/G

mspit.jpg

mspit_1.jpg

mspit_2.jpg

nacellmspit1a.jpg

the pic source: the net.

According to the pics below there was not any air intake at the engine cowling bottom. It can be noticed that the orginal Spitfire Mk.V both the oil and engine coolant radiators were left. Also here the Bf 110G engine nacelle diagram. It is clear that if you use the part of a Bf 110 model you have to remove the oil radiator case from the bottom and the opening there has to be closed. Also the notches for the wing leading edge have to be closed. There should be added the air intake to the supercharger on the port side. And it was smilar or just could be from the Bf 109F/G

View attachment 729591
View attachment 729599
View attachment 729603

View attachment 729597
the pic source: the net.
Beauty, had not seen any of these. Looking to get an ICM Bf109G for engine, prop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back