Bf110.....1/48......with engines?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bill, if you are going to make the 1:48 scale model, the Fusion 4801 - DB605 engine conversion kit for the Spitfire Mk.V may be very useful. There are all parts ,except the engine, coming with the set.

and here one more shot of her ...

mspit4.jpg

mspit_6.jpg

the source: the net.

IMHO you may use the 1/48 Fusion 4801 - DB605 Engine Conversion Kit for Spitfire Fighter for the engine cowling. Or just make the panels from scratch.

Also LF Models offers a similar kit ... LF Models LF48002

The Fusion set gives me a 10kg nose weight, solid piece, no engine. Most from Canada $25 postage.

The LF models is $38 but short of the minimum for posting to Aus. Having just looked, this too is a conversion set for a Fujimi Mk.V kit..

Granted the Bf109G will not give me the correct engine covers, don't even know if all will fit any Mk.Vb.
Or if anyone has done a kitbash conversion. It's just a sorta plan at this point. But keeping a list of what may work.

I am getting some pretty good information to sift through. Thanks to everyone in here.

Last edited:
I see. However you always may slit the Fuson nose in half and remove some of the resin from the interior making it lighter. It shouldn't be difficult with a tool like the Dremel. To be honest , if I were you I would make a wooden mould and vacuum formed the nose from scratch.

I'd get a sheet of aluminum and start laser cutting and stamping each panel. Take a block of aluminum and mill the block , crank and cam and all the valves rockers and heads. That should take you an evening, two on the outside. I'd do it in 72 scale to make sure I got it right and then upscale it to 48 and then to 32! That should only take, oh say a week. Another week for painting, vola your all done and it works! 😄😂🤣

I'd get a sheet of aluminum and start laser cutting and stamping each panel. Take a block of aluminum and mill the block , crank and cam and all the valves rockers and heads. That should take you an evening, two on the outside. I'd do it in 72 scale to make sure I got it right and then upscale it to 48 and then to 32! That should only take, oh say a week. Another week for painting, vola your all done and it works! 😄😂🤣
Get out of the fumes Doni !!!

Been slinging Brick mortar for a couple of days, my head is clear...........
what are you guys thinking.......... it's obvious we are doing this for the "high" afterall.

Back to reality...........
I've got 2 aftermarket conversion sets to choose from. All from farrrrr away.
1. LF is for an olllllld Fujimi Mk.V kit. Engine, cowling hunk, and prop. $65.00AU
2. Tarou Models, engine only, $65AU
3. Aero Models, $73.20
4. ARS, engine only, $79AU

The planes,
1. Fujimi with little detail and only available from farrrrrrrr away.
2. ICM Bf109 kits with detailed engine and prop, several kits in fact.

........So I will see how These go together! "A fool and his money are soon parted" so they say!!!!!!!
3. Tamiya Mk.V kit, I am hoping will take the Bf engine mounts................................ $41.00AU
4. Tamiya 1/48 German MESSERSCHMIT Bf109 G-6 w/ DB605 Engine 61117......... $88.00AU

Cowling? Who knows. It may be possible to mimic the 110 cowling? It will not be covering the 605A engine.

Beware - some, if not most, of the Fujimi kits are actually 1/50th scale.
The difference doesn't seem much, but when I matched-up a Fujimi Bf109 tail section to the Academy "Buchon", to convert to the two-seater, there was a definite size difference, which would have created a "step" all the way around the fuselage joint.

The difference doesn't seem much, but when I matched-up a Fujimi Bf109 tail section to the Academy "Buchon", to convert to the two-seater, there was a definite size difference, which would have created a "step" all the way around the fuselage joint.
This is indeed a HUGE difference in their "1/48" A-6 Intruder!

I think I have one of the Fujimi Spit V, except it was an issue by Hobbycraft or someone like that. Not built yet but looked Okay and I was impressed it came with two windscreens, one with an external armored glass and one without.

View attachment 729881View attachment 729882
Generous, I appreciate the thought.............
I am heading your warning.

As noted in my last post, Tamiya is going to be my choice for both A/C.
Tamiya Mk.Vb with their usual detail and fit a 1/48th old reliable No.33 kit!

Tamiya's new entry, sorta, Bf109G-6 has a nicely detailed engine I'm hoping will be an easy transplant to the Mk.V. great detail when I have searched photos.
ICM has a kit of Luftwaffe ground crew I can have pouring over the transplant. Like Doni says above, I hope I can "pound out" the engine covers and have them thrown on the ground!!!!!!! Just need three colors of SMS paint. Lt and Dk Grey for uppers and sides and a bit of Gelb for the rest. A pretty expensive venture, but less than a Tamiya 1/32nd Corsair!!!

Next stop, another start to finish.

Generous, I appreciate the thought.............

I am heading your warning.

As noted in my last post, Tamiya is going to be my choice for both A/C.
Tamiya Mk.Vb with their usual detail and fit a 1/48th old reliable No.33 kit!

Tamiya's new entry, sorta, Bf109G-6 has a nicely detailed engine I'm hoping will be an easy transplant to the Mk.V. great detail when I have searched photos.
ICM has a kit of Luftwaffe ground crew I can have pouring over the transplant. Like Doni says above, I hope I can "pound out" the engine covers and have them thrown on the ground!!!!!!! Just need three colors of SMS paint. Lt and Dk Grey for uppers and sides and a bit of Gelb for the rest. A pretty expensive venture, but less than a Tamiya 1/32nd Corsair!!!

Next stop, another start to finish.
Good choice. I have that G-6, looks good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back