Black Sheep Squadron ...info req'd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
I think I remember a disc for sale in th Historic Aviation catalog.
Until then, most, maybe all, of the episodes are on UTube, just key Black Sheep Squadron.

Cheers guys:notworthy:

G'day Gary. I've got volume 1 2 on region 1 DVD but these only contain 23 episodes including the 2hr pilot episode. According to some posts on the IMDB, the remaining episodes are only available on DVD in France. Chris, does your DVD packs contain all 37 shows?

Loved the series as a kid, in fact, this is the series that got me interested in WWII history. Read somewhere they were really hard on the Corsairs. Lot's of canned footage. My favorite episode was the one with Peter Frampton called "A little bit of England".

I was looking forward to it when I saw the promos before it came out. At first I pretty dissappointed because of the way the made like they were made up of a lot of rejects .
I had read Baa Baa Black Sheep, and another book on the unit, and knew that wasn't true. But I still watched every episode.

It wasn't all it could have been. But you can't expect much from Hollywood.

Me too, I remember reading Boyington's book a couple of years before the series came out. My brother gave me a box of books and stuff when he went to Viet-nam. There were a couple of the "Dave Dawson" series in there also.

I remember that series. One of them had Boyington as a guest star. As I recall, none of the actual squadron members would have anything to do with him because of how he portraid the squadron.

I loved the show as a kid, I've been watching them on YouTube and they bring back a lot of memories. If anyone wants more info on Boyington and VMF 214 there are 2 really good books by Bruce Gamble that covers both really well. They are available on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Bruce Gamble: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back