Boeing B-47E

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
My latest work:

B47Efinalold.jpg

I guy I used to work with once told me that the B47's was one of the loudest jets hes ever heard. "A real screamer just taxiing around. Even worse on takeoff"

Only the B58 was louder.

I blew up the photo - it has one....

When the UASF was established in 1947 the red bar was added. If you should see one in a photo without it after that date it's wrong and someone in the squadron didn't catch it.

BTW - I've seen them upside down as well..

Ah, I see.. this was a change over - the B-47 first flew in 1947, but came into service in 1951, so they would all definitely have the new style roundel...

I will change it asap...

Was driving back home from Florida, up interstate 95, on Saturday and passed the 8th AF museum (visible just off the highway) and they have a fine example of the B-47 parked out front.

R

syscom3 said:
I guy I used to work with once told me that the B47's was one of the loudest jets hes ever heard. "A real screamer just taxiing around. Even worse on takeoff"

Only the B58 was louder.

did he ever hear a harrier in full hover?

syscom3 said:
six J35 engines are always louder than one harrier.
We had one in my A&P school we used to run up in the test stand, probably the loudest engine I been around, had to use 2 sets of ear plugs....

The Harrier is loud - there are many louder and I would defiantly bet the B-47 as one of them.

Anything with multiple engines and reheat will be seriously loud - The Vulcan, Concorde, B-52, but I reckon the B-36 would out-do them all: 6 P&W prop engines and 4 jets - that thing must have been like nothing on earth during take-off..:shock:

Quote:
Originally Posted by syscom3

Only the B58 was louder.

did he ever hear a harrier in full hover?

Obviously too young to remember the B-47 :lol: but have you ever heard a Tornado on full afterburner? Ear popping to say the least.

Never heard a 47 but lots of Tornados they are loud but are almost quiet when compared to the Century Series fighters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back