Bomb Loads Take Two

Mighty good stuff! You are the research king.......

***Now tell me this..... are these Standard Assigned load configs?

Not likely on a standardized basis. Especially those with mixed loads of AP, GP, incendiary, depth and cookies.
 
Last edited:
They are typical loads - I won't say 'standard' because there were so many variations on each mission.

One thing is certain though from what I have read, the RAF in particular, but the Allies generally did use a lot of mixed loads and especially liked the 4,000 lb 'cookie' mixed with incendiaries as a way of opening up buildings and setting them burning...
 
Yes they could, either 8 or 10 of the 5". They could also carry 2 larger ones under the center. The could also be fitted with 4 JATO rockets. I'll see if I can find pics to post.

EDIT: Found one:

B-25JRocket-armedIeShima1945.jpg
 
Last edited:
I actually was curious to see if anybody'd do a B-36 :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back