Brad Pitt Buys A Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it just me, or does 3.3mil seam "cheap" for a Spit :D

Isn't somenody manufacturing a replica Spit these days?

Why not switch the vintage Spit for the replica...to be honest, Pitt doesn't know his a** from a hole in the ground, he sure as heck isn't going to know the difference between the replica and the real thing.

In the end the Spit is saved, the replica is mourned for the sacrifice it made and we don't have to hear about Pitt making atrocious movies anymore...it's a win-win deal all the way around!

Isn't it great that another person with money and a public profile is passionate enough about Warbirds to get involved.
Hopefully he will use his assets,connections and time to get adequate training before even considering flying the plane and it will be a good story for all.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the majority. If Mr. Pitt wants to drive a Sherman Tank and fly/own a Spitfire, I say, "Good on him!" Maybe he's figured out the debt we all owe "The Greatest Generation." No matter how much we complain, none of us would be living the way we do today, or maybe even be speaking the language we do, if the"boys" of 39-45 were as lazy, indifferent, and snarky as we are today.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the majority. If Mr. Pitt wants to drive a Sherman Tank and fly/own a Spitfire, I say, "Good on him!" Maybe he's figured out the debt we all owe "The Greatest Generation." No matter how much we complain, none of us would be living the way we do today, or maybe even be speaking the language we do, if the"boys" of 39-45 were as lazy, indifferent, and snarky as we are today.

We know their sacrifce, which is why we don't want another one.

Like Terry said, you wouldn't give a learner driver a Ferrari, so let Mr. Pitt play with a Cessna first like the rest of us mere mortals, and If he dosen't break that, let him get something more valuable.

Like Terry said, you wouldn't give a learner driver a Ferrari, so let Mr. Pitt play with a Cessna first like the rest of us mere mortals, and If he dosen't break that, let him get something more valuable.

He's not going to learn to fly in a Spitfire. Hundreds of young men flew Spitfires with relatively few hours (certainly fewer than I expect Mr Pitt will amass before he flies his) when the Spitfire was one of the most advanced fighters in the world. There is a common consensus that the Spitfire is not a difficult aeroplane to fly.

Personally I wish him the best of luck with it. I'm pleased that someone with the financial ability to maintain a flying Spitfire seems to have bought one.

The assumption that for some reason he is certain to prang it seems unfounded and smells slightly of sour grapes. Any number of well off people with no more flying qualifications than Mr Pitt have purchased and flown war birds over the years and I've not seen such an unfair and unfounded reaction to their endeavours, or seen their right to own and fly a rare and expensive aeroplane questioned.

For all any of us know Mr Pitt may turn out to be a very good pilot, any assumption, either way, is just prejudice.

Take a good look at some of the comments in this thread. They are not very pleasant.

Cheers

Steve

Oh really? And there I was thinking he was... :rollseyes:

It wasn't me that wrote that you "wouldn't give a learner driver a Ferrari", and " so let Mr Pitt play with a Cessna first like the rest of us mere mortals."

No you wouldn't and yes, he will have to.

Care to comment on the rest of my post?

Cheers

Steve

It wasn't me that wrote that you "wouldn't give a learner driver a Ferrari", and " so let Mr Pitt play with a Cessna first like the rest of us mere mortals."

No you wouldn't and yes, he will have to.

Care to comment on the rest of my post?

Cheers

Steve

I meant 'after lessons' ding bat, I'm not that bloody stupid.

You may know everything about everything, but a little common sense and a splash of humour would do you good.

Evan

Never mind me. Personal insults don't bother me, but might get you banned :)

You still haven't addressed the points I made in my original post.

Cheers

Steve

He's rich, handsome, got a beautiful wife, lovely kids and is lucky enough to be able to learn to fly and buy an iconic warbird. Me I am jealous as hell of him I wish I had 1% of his money but I dont begrudge him having it no one gave him that money he's earnt every penny. If he crashes the plane so what are we going to ground every warbird.

He's rich, handsome, got a beautiful wife, lovely kids and is lucky enough to be able to learn to fly and buy an iconic warbird. Me I am jealous as hell of him I wish I had 1% of his money but I dont begrudge him having it no one gave him that money he's earnt every penny.

Exactly

Steve

Isn't somenody manufacturing a replica Spit these days?

Why not switch the vintage Spit for the replica...to be honest, Pitt doesn't know his a** from a hole in the ground, he sure as heck isn't going to know the difference between the replica and the real thing.

In the end the Spit is saved, the replica is mourned for the sacrifice it made and we don't have to hear about Pitt making atrocious movies anymore...it's a win-win deal all the way around!

WHAT? Inglorious Basterds was a fine piece of cinematography and we all know thats how WWII really went down, Hitler being blown up in a French movie house.......COME ON! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back