Brad Pitt Buys A Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I promise to.....oh, f*ck it!
As has already been said, he might be a good pilot, plus....the Spitfire was/is easy to fly, I think that you'll find that the Spitfire was a bit more handful on the ground, same as the '109, due to their narrow undercarriage....so, if he's gonna put a dent in this piece of aviation history, I do hope that it'll be on the ground, because, should he write himself and the Spitfire off, I bet any money, that them there 'Keep All the Warbirds on the Ground' crew, will get more logs to their fire, plus we'll lose a part of history!
As yous said already, he crashes and bites the dust=Spitfires fault!
Either way, he shouldn't be let within 100 feet (much like fire) of her, until he mastered, paper swallows, powerless balsa models, balsa models powered by rubberband, R/C glider models, then some cheap powered ones and 500 hours on Spitfire simulation games and becomes at least a triple ace!

If I had a spare 3.5 mil, I would buy a Spitfire to fly. Having said that, if I had that much money to spare, I would be hanging around with this and not you guys......

Untitled.jpg

Geo

Yes Tom Cruise had a Mustang and it was totally original apart from the wooden blocks screwed to the peddles, perhaps Brad Pitt is buying a reduced scale replica which brings us back to Tom Cruise again.
Seriously though what better thing is there to spend your money on if you can afford it than a Spitfire?

Maybe we could take a lesson from Steve Hinton Junior. I asked him about flying a Mustang and he said, "the Mustang was desiged for 19 year old pilots fresh out of pilot training to fly ... it flies really well!"

So, maybe we could give Mr. Pitt a vote of "good luck" and "I wish I could do it!"

Don't know about you, but taildragger training was FUN for me, not dangerous. It he remembers to hit full right rudder and advance the throttle until the plane flies straight and no farther, he'll do just fine. My assessment of his physical skills is that he is as good as most folks or better ... flying a Spitife should be both easy and fun for him.

Good on Brad! He HAS the money to maintain it properly.

If he has the intelligence to DO it, he'll probably be fine. The Spitfire is NOT "difficult" to fly.

You don't hear about people complaining about the "difficult to fly Spirfire," you hear them saying how wonderful it is to fly.

You don't see Clint Eastwood crashing or Harrison Ford. C'mon, how about a "Congrats to Brad!"

Last edited:
And I'll remain civil and say that at the end of the day, it's his money, he can do what the hell he wants with it. Someone is obviously happy enough to part with their Spitty to take it from him.
I just hope for the sake of the aircraft (and Tom Cruise's P-51K...) that they prove capable pilots.

In a totally related manner - Burkina Faso, Njaco??

I guess it makes us feel better if we can make fun of Tom Cruise's height, but at 5'7", he probably about the average height for most of the WW2 fighter pilots.
When you look at the pictures you can tell most were not big men.

The shortest pilot in the RAF was a American, Vernon ( Shorty ) Keogh , 4'10".

Now that you think about it, this is no big deal. Just because he is a famous person, that does not mean he is going to destroy.

Who here would not buy one if they had the money? Seriously..,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back