Brad Pitt Buys A Spitfire (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Personally, if I had the money, I'd first buy a Stearman and a Texan/Harvard, to really learn flying like they did back then...
After that.....back in the day, I'd probably have gone for the usual P-51, -47, -38 etc., but today, as to not ruin a piece of history, I'd go for Dora-9 replica, the JV44 'Red 13' of course!

.......and a Catalina or two! :lol:
Now there's an idea! Talk about the ultimate RV, fly it anywhere, land it anywhere. Plenty of room for the family.
I WANT ONE!!

cliff roberston owned a spit...mk923. but then again....cliff knew his @$$ from a hole in the ground and had as much brains as he did money. and just as big a heart..

National Aviation Hall of Fame

like has been said in the posts above. i dont begrudge anyone who has the cash to follow what ever fancy they have. if i found myself with the means to buy a spit or a mustang...there would be absolutely no hesitation. i would write the check so fast your head would spin...but i would also have the good sense to seek out the best instructor(s) money could buy. i certainly hope BP uses his noggin and does himself, his wife and children, and the spitfire a favor and plays it safe and sane. although i will admit a quick glance at his lifestyle and antics casts a little disparagement as to his collective reasoning abilities and that is is probably where at least some of the people are voicing their reservations. nevertheless... i wish him well....

Last edited:
Well I guess he figgers if he can learn to drive a tank, he can jump from a 152 Cessner, itno a high performance, narrow guage wheel tread width plane, and a bloody tail dragger, and get away with it!

Anyone in here tried going from a 150/152 and jump into a Champ, or a Pitts???????? What FUNNNNNNNN.

Speaking of Celebs that owned Spitifires. You may recall that actor Cliff Robertson once owned and flew the Spitfire below. It apparently now resides in a Seattle Museum. He also owned and flew a BF108 and a Tiger Moth. Cliff's flying skills apparently helped him in getting the role of Wing Commander Roy Grant in the movie 633 Squadron. Cliff of course passed away back in 2011.

ac_481.jpg

Last edited:
I'll eat anything....as long as you put a little hair on it! :)

Sounds like your still talking about McDonalds...

As long as we're on the subject, Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Anniston? I normally go brunette but I have to say Jennifer Anniston on this one

Well I guess he figgers if he can learn to drive a tank, he can jump from a 152 Cessner, itno a high performance, narrow guage wheel tread width plane, and a bloody tail dragger, and get away with it!

Anyone in here tried going from a 150/152 and jump into a Champ, or a Pitts???????? What FUNNNNNNNN.

thats the reason you have to get a tail wheel endorsement. if you learn in a tail dragger right off the bat its not as bad switching between planes...but going from tricycle gear to one....can provide you with a few moments of high pucker factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back