Brad Pitt Buys A Spitfire (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd definitely go for a Spitfire, Bearcat or Mustang if I could. And, if I could, all three.

But I'd probably spend more actual flight time in a Super Cub or RV-7 / 8.

At my present financial moment, my only option.....

plane-kids-01.jpg

Geo :x-mas::reindeer:

Don't forget, his training will (should?) be tailored to the end goal of flying the Spitfire, just like WW2 trainees.
No nose-dragger training, with a bit of tacked-on tail-wheel training at the end.
It will most likely be through a similar process as WW2 trainees, small, light tail-wheel trainers, AT-6. I'd think his insurance company will make sure of that.

Speaking of celebrities, I recall that Richard Simmons, the exercise guy, bought a P-51 back in the early 90's when they went for about $100.000 each.

Personally, if I had the money, I'd first buy a Stearman and a Texan/Harvard, to really learn flying like they did back then...
After that.....back in the day, I'd probably have gone for the usual P-51, -47, -38 etc., but today, as to not ruin a piece of history, I'd go for Dora-9 replica, the JV44 'Red 13' of course!

.......and a Catalina or two! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back