Bring on the mighty Airfix Bristol Blenheim! Jesus what a kit!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Good-day modellers :eek:

Some may have read in my last thread of the Airfix Fairy Battle I had made, that I was making the Airfix Blenheim!
Christ what a kit that was but it didn't beat me but I beat the hell out of it, now ask me if I'd build anouther?...NOPE!

The model depicts a craft from 218 [Gold Coast] Squadron. T1996. HA - B, this Blenheim at the time was used for training purposes.

I've used the vac' form canopy and cut open the upper hatch to display it half open also viewing bombing window is from the vac' form set
as is the upper turret glazing and rearward firing blister - altered exhausts as the kit ones are totally the wrong shape - cut set
rudder/ailerons to give this bird a bit of character - cut out the nav' table and added a longer better looking with a map on the table to add interest.
no PE added to this heap and the nose art is hand painted, Well all the model is really

There are quite a few pictures to look at! but to me its far better to see many than just
a couple of pictures and you get to see what has gone into this devil of a kit.

All built from my Tea-Tray

Enjoy:

blennnn006_zps9d783dd9.gif

blennnn001_zpsb6d90e6c.gif

blennnn002_zps4ccb0bb0.gif

blennnn003_zpsfba6877e.gif

blennnn004_zps13535bcc.gif

blennnn005_zps11261631.gif

blennnn012_zpsf9ba318c.gif

blennnn011_zps2161a5e3.gif

blennnn010_zps6a4372ea.gif

blennnn009_zpse36aeb1b.gif

blennnn018_zps5459cd3a.gif

blennnn019_zpsc725de12.gif

blennnn015_zps83130647.gif

blennnn014_zpsb383c6e3.gif

blennnn013_zps749537e0.gif

blennnn017_zpsd55c1f55.gif

blennnn016_zpsb108dd4b.gif

Thanks for looking.

Good work on an old kit there Ian.
I forgot you were attempting this one - I could have sent you the drawings and directions for correcting the engines, nacelles, fin, rudder, tail planes, wings ........

I could have sent you the drawings and directions for correcting the engines, nacelles, fin, rudder, tail planes, wings ........
I'm fine Terry! After all its supposed to be fun this modelling lark and shouldn't get too serious and just build it, It still looks like a Blenheim or is it a Bolingbroke :lol:

Really nice work on that horrid kit Ian. It's a victory anytime it turns out better that the pictures on the box, and you've done work miles ahead of that.

You may be interested to learn that Airfix has a new Blenheim in their 2014 release schedule - and it's a MkI. If it's up to their recent standards, it should be a cracking kit!

The only reason I went thru what I did with my Blenheim was the fact it was for my P/O Davidson collection, and it suited the Heavy GB! Otherwise, had I known........... bugger That! I used the vac glass as well. But all the corrections needed that Terry sent me were frightful! But it got did!

Great job there Ian, what a difference!

Looking forward to seeing what their new kit is like, wonder how it will compare to the Special Hobby offering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back